Sponsored

Blinker and fog light question

Ghost3366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Hello,

Just wanted to confirm something with everyone because I maybe never noticed it before. I am dealing with a switchback going out issue and noticed that when I put the blinker on the fog light turns off. Took out the switchbacks because they are not lighting up amber and out the stock bulbs back in. Same things happens, fog light turns off when blinker is used. Has this always happened and I have just not noticed?

Maybe a stupid question, but thank you.
Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yup,

Per the US DOT thing (I think), there should be no other competing light when you use your blinker for that side. I have the Roush front fascia and the fog lights are more noticeable, but when I have them on and signal left, the left fog lights goes off. The same thing happens when you signal right. The fog lights are consider to be in competition with the signal lights and required to be off when using the signal lights. You can "correct" this, meaning have the fog lights on when signaling either direction by coding it through FORscan. There's a few threads on here about FORscan and how to code it so that the fog lights stays on when signaling. You can even code it so that the fog lights stay on when high beams are turned on too because both fog lights will also be off when high beam is on.

OP
OP

Ghost3366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Guess I did not notice it before the switchbacks. Thank you
Sponsored