Blew my 2.3 motor need options, opinions, and thoughts

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Hello I’m new to the site so I blew my motor and turbo being a idiot I’m 18 so I’m living and learning.
Wow, how unusual. Think most of us were 18, and idiots, but had no idea about the latter part. ;-)

Good luck and hope they warrant it.
Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Wow, how unusual. Think most of us were 18, and idiots, but had no idea about the latter part. ;-)

Good luck and hope they warrant it.
I didn't blow any motors yet back then but it wasn't for lack of trying. I think that alone is a testament to how tough and reliable the old Windsors really were and less a statement about me.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
If the OP could still drive home with the Mustang , maybe the engine was not totally blown. May be just a bent exhaust valve. How much oil pressure did the engine have before being turned off ? Did the water temp rise after the incident ? What was the water temp before shutting the engine off ?
He drove it, I wonder if it is just the turbo went south, and the intake was sucking in oil.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
You would think if the OP was willing to get the car running he would continue participating in this thread. Where did he go ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lazv19

Lazv19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lazaro
Vehicle(s)
2016 eco boost 2016 gt 2021gt
He drove it, I wonder if it is just the turbo went south, and the intake was sucking in oil.
That was very well one of my issues wen I had taken off the cold air intake oil was coming out the car has been at the dealership for a week now and they have barely pulled the car into the shop. But it was more then the turbo my engin was misfiring in cylinder 3

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
That was very well one of my issues wen I had taken off the cold air intake oil was coming out the car has been at the dealership for a week now and they have barely pulled the car into the shop. But it was more then the turbo my engin was misfiring in cylinder 3
Blown turbo can throw enough oil to foul a plug or throw air/fuel off enough to cause a misfire. There's still hope the short block and head are safe. Unless you could wave hello to the top of the piston and given that it still somewhat ran I wouldn't loose hope yet.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oil covered plugs don't like to fire. and will cause a miss.

OP
OP
Lazv19

Lazv19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lazaro
Vehicle(s)
Oil covered plugs don't like to fire. and will cause a miss.
So I just spoke with the people at the dealership and there is low compression in the cylinder 3

Sponsored

BoostedNate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm currently going through the same thing, no warranty. My first engine spun a rod bearing so I bought a lightly used engine out of a totaled 2020 and had it installed, just for it to bend a rod a few weeks later. I'm getting ready to send my motor to Jessie of EMS to have him build it. I'd love to buy a Coyote but I won't get anything for my EB with a blown engine.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I just spoke with the people at the dealership and there is low compression in the cylinder 3
Well, Sorry Buddy. Did they say why it has low compression?
Did they do a leak down test. It tell more information on what might be the cause. A broken valve spring can cause low compression in one cyl. Ask them what is causing it, before you give up.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I'm currently going through the same thing, no warranty. My first engine spun a rod bearing so I bought a lightly used engine out of a totaled 2020 and had it installed, just for it to bend a rod a few weeks later. I'm getting ready to send my motor to Jessie of EMS to have him build it. I'd love to buy a Coyote but I won't get anything for my EB with a blown engine.
And the common cause between both of those failure modes is...

OP
OP
Lazv19

Lazv19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lazaro
Vehicle(s)
I’m thinking I might do the same after I get it fixed some how cars still at the dealer with no work on what’s exactly broke But I thinking about after getting it fixed just trading in for a 5.0 so much less to worry about

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Hello I’m new to the site so I blew my motor and turbo being a idiot I’m 18 so I’m living and learning. I have 2016 eco boost and I’m trying to figure out the best route for me if I don’t get it fixed under warranties which I’m like 50/50 on happening bc I had to car cob tuned with full turbo back and cold air intake I’ve removed Everything except my cat back portion bc it’s welded in place. I’ve/my parents have great relations with dealership which I’m pretty sure won’t help much. but I wanna know what’s the best route for me if I can’t get the warranty. I thinking about going a built motor option bc it seems to be about the same cost but I wanna know from y’all what’s a good option for money wise and for a strong build going forward
So I blew my motor as well, 3,900 for the built 2.0 on top of other parts you will need to get it running again plus labor you are looking at 6-7k depending on if you are doing the work yourself or not. I pray they cover warranty for you my friend as mine did not so Im going balls deep.
Sponsored