OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
My NASA Member Card Came in. I was doing an open track day tomorrow but there is a huge storm tomorrow :( I will be going to a huge cars and coffee Saturday, then some auto cross Sunday still :)
IMG_3477.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XPEL on Full front (A- Pillars forward) plus side mirrors, door handles, and headlights. I went over the stripes and the hood is one big piece. This is after I picked her up and before I wash her. I will be washing her tomorrow morning and take more pictures. Front looks slightly darker but I think its just the lighting, because the front is dark then doors are lighter, then back is dark again.
IMG_3478.JPG
IMG_3479.JPG
IMG_3480.JPG
IMG_3481.JPG

MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
[MENTION=21562]Blaze489[/MENTION], can you please take a closeup showing the stripe edge over the hood? Are there any air pockets or issues with the film sitting flush with the stripe? Thanks.

RonnieSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 SVT Lighting , 2018 GT350
Nice car but is it worth living with your parents? You said you could have bought a house but you used that cash for the Shelby ? You paid cash and still had to pay a ADM?

I noticed that you mustang that you had in high school had the same dealer sticker! Im guessing you wanted it on there!

Beautiful car and great color choice!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21562]Blaze489[/MENTION], can you please take a closeup showing the stripe edge over the hood? Are there any air pockets or issues with the film sitting flush with the stripe? Thanks.
I will try tomorrow! I saw some air pockets but the film is probably still drying. What ever pockets I saw I could just push the water out. I do not know why everyone is so OCD about these stripes, they are stickers not painted on and they do not even go all the way to the edges of each section. You can see where they begin and end.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice car but is it worth living with your parents? You said you could have bought a house but you used that cash for the Shelby ? You paid cash and still had to pay a ADM?

I noticed that you mustang that you had in high school had the same dealer sticker! Im guessing you wanted it on there!

Beautiful car and great color choice!
Living with my parents is not bad at all, my parents are very cool. They are not like other parents giving me rules, for example, a time to come home, I live in NOLA so places do not close at 2, there have been times where I would come home at 7 and it didn't matter. Thats just one quick example. The big reason is my grandmother of 99 years lives with us so I do not know how much longer she has left, the last year she has gotten pretty bad, so I rather just spend as much time with her as possible, she is my last grandparent. She even voted the car, "she was like look at me, all the money and I can not even enjoy it now, have fun while you still can." When my Mom was like this car is expensive, I was like maybe Ill look at houses instead, then she was said "lets go to the dealership and see about this car," she rather me stay home longer. My work is 2.5 miles away, and the gym is 1 mile away, so both my daily commutes are very close. Nothing beats free rent and food. Thats just a short answer for that, I would have to write a novel to explain everything or talk to you in person. I'm sure we grew up with two totally different parents and life styles so you might not understand this.

10K ADM is not super bad, and paying cash only took 2 years of work, Now all funds will go to a house. The decal sticker, it was kind of cool to get a new car 10 years later from the same place but I took it off so thats over.

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the close up, it should get better over time with it drying, but its hard to see the slight air pocket, you have to be looking for it to see it. On the side with the white pin stripe you really cant see anything. COVER THE WHOLE HOOD IS MY ANSWER :) [MENTION=23543]MTWINN[/MENTION]
IMG_3502.jpg
IMG_3505.jpg

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks good. Did you put that on yourself or did you have a shop do it ?
Local Shop, they were a certified Xpel installer and he has been in business for 20 years

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Local Shop, they were a certified Xpel installer and he has been in business for 20 years
Cool, the only reason you are noticing that is b/c you are looking for it, 99.995% of normal humans would never see that. It is a small price to pay for the protection.
Sponsored