Blackbird Twin Turbo System

Status
Not open for further replies.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
I think what Sean is trying to say is that most Mustang enthusiasts end their shopping at "twin turbo, cheap, makes xxx RWHP" rather than actually examining the quality and craftsmanship of the kit.

In other words, McDonalds may have the best selling hamburger, but that doesn't make it anywhere near the best tasting. The time, effort, and thought that Noah has put into these kits is insane.
the difference is McDonalds has produced results and a product that is readily available...........:lol:
Sponsored

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
JPC is atop notch mustang tuner, they will make anything run. Its irrelevant what they ran as there is a lot more to that than just the turbo kit, and given any kit they would have impressive results.

Hardware wise this kit is top notch and you get what you pay for, that is my point, and I have been turbo cars for a VERY long time so I can tell you the quality is top notch. What kills me is what people expect something like this to cost and their perception. Its way off of reality. Look in other markets and you will see.

Sean
Irrelavent how? a kit was installed has time slips...... Obviously its not a stock engine with a jpc single kit slapped on running 8s point is JPC has real world results........

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
If I'm spending ten grand on a kit, I want it to be proven. I'm not being the Guinea pig.

Post up your results. Data does not lie.

Sponsored

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I forgot about that 1 result. I'm not downing the BW kit, just haven't seen any results outside of that one. I almost bought a BW kit back in June, glad I didn't because I would have been waiting 3+ months for a first gen kit that is now being redesigned. I'm just saying that while erryone is on here talking about turbo kits I'm out casually running low 9's on 35mm sidewalks trapping 150+, not bad for a kit that is under $8000 and ships the same day.
The redesign occurred this fall and it was worth it.. Wait times now will be cut down to a week or two tops, if any wait at all (depending on stock). I respect not wanting to wait. No harm in that.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The redesign occurred this fall and it was worth it.. Wait times now will be cut down to a week or two tops, if any wait at all (depending on stock). I respect not wanting to wait. No harm in that.
Keep up the hard work, looking forward to your results. I'm considering a big single once a badass kit hits the market. I like my Hellions, but there's only one thing better then a turbo kit....a new turbo kit.

seanivey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 gt
I didn't dodge you at all, you have all these plans and no purchases yet so what can I say? I will have to wait for you to actually make a move before I reply, could be years.

Sean

You dodged most of what i said to you. Same to you sir. Hope its plentiful for your company and family.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I didn't dodge you at all, you have all these plans and no purchases yet so what can I say? I will have to wait for you to actually make a move before I reply, could be years.

Sean
I've spent my money how bout responding to me. Any actual data?

I mean that without trying to be an asshole. You bought something now let's see the data to see how it actually performs.

seanivey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 gt
I've spent my money how bout responding to me. Any actual data?

I mean that without trying to be an asshole. You bought something now let's see the data to see how it actually performs.

Not at all, yes I bought it and it sits in boxes we had a busy busy year, but I will make time now to get it together and get it on the dyno.

Sean

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

Sean
Not really great reason to avoid my other posts about dyno manipulation etc. I shouldnt have to have a kit to be addressed.

seanivey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 gt
Not really great reason to avoid my other posts about dyno manipulation etc. I shouldnt have to have a kit to be addressed.
I am to answer you regarding manipulating a dyno? I am not sure what your deal is.

Sean

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I am to answer you regarding manipulating a dyno? I am not sure what your deal is.

Sean
Really? I addressed you in a few posts You chose to not bother a response for some of them. My "deal" is i dont find it professional you being the owner of a well known performance shop to cherry pick comments you want to respond to. I brought up valid points yet you responded to most others. Dont play stupid, Sean. I know your history probably better than any other here. :shrug: Am i someone you really want to be acting like this with?

seanivey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 gt
I am on here simply as a consumer just like you and not in any professional capacity.

My main point is when I bought the car, I was looking to turbocharge it.

I noticed that in this market the consumer is far less educated about forced induction than others I have experienced.

I was looking for a good low mount kit. I had looked at the hellion, and realized that while it does work, there are a lot of shortcomings that for $8000 plus I didn't want to deal with, didn't think it a good value for money.

At the time the Blackbird turbo kit was the only one with stainless steel merge collector manifolds, high quality precision and tial hardware, lovely tig welded everything and solution for the oil drain. There was nothing else like it on the market at the time so I went for it. I thought for the little extra over the other offerings you get way more quality and HP potential.

What I found alarming was the fact that after producing a kit like we would see in say the GTR market, people were bitching about the cost, which is very little over other offerings, unbelievable.

That was my point, you can't get anything high quality like that for the price that some of you are quoting it costs money to make those manifolds and not many people have the skill to make them.

As for my history I am not sure how that is relevant as I am not here in a commercial capacity. How it may be relevant is that I am in the GTR market and I deal with high quality stuff all day long, so I know what I am looking at.

As for "playing stupid" and me acting a certain way, you may want to review the way you are addressing me, as I think it outragous as I don't know you, if I do please correct me privately.

Sean

Really? I addressed you in a few posts You chose to not bother a response for some of them. My "deal" is i dont find it professional you being the owner of a well known performance shop to cherry pick comments you want to respond to. I brought up valid points yet you responded to most others. Dont play stupid, Sean. I know your history probably better than any other here. :shrug: Am i someone you really want to be acting like this with?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.