Biggest setup for GT Premium Convertible

20grabberlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium Convertible
New to the forum.........Just picked up my '20 Grabber Lime GT convertible. Looking to upgrade factory rims and tires. What is the biggest setup with everything being stock.......305/35s, 315/30s, 325/30s? 19s, 20s? Squared, staggered? Keep going back to Levittown or Ford Performance Mach 1 or PP2 for the price and looks. Some people say they work no problem, others say they rub. Also, what tires are best for daily driver? Continental ECS, PS4S, or NT555s, or other suggestions? SO many threads with different information hard to keep it straight, not a lot our here I can find for convertibles specifically, but is there really a difference? Do not have Magnaride, everything is stock GT premium.

Also, different question, mine does not have active exhaust, but can it be added now? Thanks in advance!

tempImagevycVxc.png
Sponsored

MR YUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible
Welcome to the forum. I have lowered mine about an inch so I would not be able to help you with tire/wheel fitment. I love your color choice. Where about in WI are you?

OP
OP
20grabberlime

20grabberlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the forum. I have lowered mine about an inch so I would not be able to help you with tire/wheel fitment. I love your color choice. Where about in WI are you?
South of Eau Claire a little bit. How about you?

MR YUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible
Between West Bend and Fond du Lac. Way over on the other side of state.

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
You only need active exhaust if you need it to be quieter for neighbors in early morning situations. I personally like to hear it roar. Aftermarket setups aren't the same and they're expensive to boot. I don't have active exhaust and I don't miss it. I did a resonator delete and h-pipe which was relatively inexpensive but very much worth it. I suggest living with the car for a bit before doing things you might regret later especially when it comes to high ticket items. Keep in mind that there are some pretty cool mods, some necessary and some just plain fun but either way the bill adds up pretty quick. This forum is a must for any serious Mustang owner. Smart car people here, always ready to answer a question and full of great Mustang ideas.

Anyway, cool car and great color! Cheers and good luck!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
20grabberlime

20grabberlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Thanks f
You only need active exhaust if you need it to be quieter for neighbors in early morning situations. I personally like to hear it roar. Aftermarket setups aren't the same and they're expensive to boot. I don't have active exhaust and I don't miss it. I did a resonator delete and h-pipe which was relatively inexpensive but very much worth it. I suggest living with the car for a bit before doing things you might regret later especially when it comes to high ticket items. Keep in mind that there are some pretty cool mods, some necessary and some just plain fun but either way the bill adds up pretty quick. This forum is a must for any serious Mustang owner. Smart car people here, always ready to answer a question and full of great Mustang ideas.

Thanks for the response! The ONLY reason I want the active exhaust is that my wife will be driving the car to work sometimes and she doesn’t like things obnoxious. If it was only mine it would be as loud as possible. So trying to find something in the middle that isn’t loud in the car while driving but people will definitely notice it when you go by. What would be some of the mods you think are necessary?? I’m finding this car is just as bad as my jeep habit if not worse for the amount of money you can throw at it! The list never ends of things I think I “need”.

Thanks again

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Roush makes a kit that runs about $1900, and it does not use the factory in dash controls for it, but rather a mounted switch on the dash/console. The Roush dealer where I had my SC installed charges around $2700 for it installed (to me that seems steep, but I don't know how much more work than a standard exhaust it is with the additional wiring necessary). There are also kits that use bluetooth on your phone, but those can be pricey. With you having a 2020, you can buy the parts from Ford also for it, I think on here there was someone who added it and was able to enable it it via Forscan, to use the OEM controls. I can't find the thread, but I think they worked with Levittown Ford (one of the forum's sponsors), so you may be able to ask them on their forum section about parts availability for it. I have it on my 21, and also a Roush X pipe, and I love my cars loud, every Mustang I have owned has had aftermarket exhausts on it, Flow Masters on a few, my 2012 had the Roush Axle back system, but with active exhaust in track mode, it sounds a lot more like an aftermarket, with a deeper rumble, and x-pipe also helps with that...but what is nice about the AE, if you are cruising down the highway at 75, you can turn it way down, no real drone from the car, just a nice crisp quiet exhaust note.

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
You only need active exhaust if you need it to be quieter for neighbors in early morning situations. I personally like to hear it roar. Aftermarket setups aren't the same and they're expensive to boot. I don't have active exhaust and I don't miss it. I suggest living with the car for a bit before doing things you might regret later especially when it comes to high ticket items. Keep in mind that there are some pretty cool mods, some necessary and some just plain fun but either way the bill adds up pretty quick. This forum is a must for any serious Mustang owner. Smart car people here, always ready to answer a question and full of great Mustang ideas.

Thanks f

Thanks for the response! The ONLY reason I want the active exhaust is that my wife will be driving the car to work sometimes and she doesn’t like things obnoxious. If it was only mine it would be as loud as possible. So trying to find something in the middle that isn’t loud in the car while driving but people will definitely notice it when you go by. What would be some of the mods you think are necessary?? I’m finding this car is just as bad as my jeep habit if not worse for the amount of money you can throw at it! The list never ends of things I think I “need”.

Thanks again
An oil catch can is a must. Hood struts. Trunk pop kit. Cargo net. Jacking rails. Wind screen. Next step is getting rid of the factory resonator its far too heavy and the car sounds better without it. I put in a hp K&N air filter but if you plan on doing a CAI then you can skip that. Styling bars look good with the vert too but as you can see it adds up pretty quick. If your wife drives the car in normal mode it won't be too loud for her but having said that if you don't like punchy cold starts the AE is nice. The A-10 gets louder in sport+ so if she drives it in normal mode she'll be fine..... its like the granny mode for Stangs. You however, are never to drive it in Normal Mode. It's a beast, let it breathe and keep it at the redline buddy!

OP
OP
20grabberlime

20grabberlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
An oil catch can is a must. Hood struts. Trunk pop kit. Cargo net. Jacking rails. Wind screen. Next step is getting rid of the factory resonator its far too heavy and the car sounds better without it. I put in a hp K&N air filter but if you plan on doing a CAI then you can skip that. Styling bars look good with the vert too but as you can see it adds up pretty quick. If your wife drives the car in normal mode it won't be too loud for her but having said that if you don't like punchy cold starts the AE is nice. The A-10 gets louder in sport+ so if she drives it in normal mode she'll be fine..... its like the granny mode for Stangs. You however, are never to drive it in Normal Mode. It's a beast, let it breathe and keep it at the redline buddy!
Thanks for all the info! I’m going to look into most of those things. Was wondering why everyone talks about the oil catch can. Do you happen to know what the biggest tires that fit? Most people say 305s will fit on the front but others say no. Back I want to fill it with as much meat as possible without throwing rocks constantly so either 305s or 315s.

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the info! I’m going to look into most of those things. Was wondering why everyone talks about the oil catch can. Do you happen to know what the biggest tires that fit? Most people say 305s will fit on the front but others say no. Back I want to fill it with as much meat as possible without throwing rocks constantly so either 305s or 315s.
If you do a forum search you can find a thread dedicated to basically anything Mustang related. Good luck.

Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
If you do a forum search you can find a thread dedicated to basically anything Mustang related. Good luck.
How do I report Midlyfe? Since I joined this forum and started reading this thread, every post I read from Midlyfe, sounds like Clint Eastwood is saying it in my head. This in turn makes me respond to any question my wife has for me with a very bad Clint Eastwood impression as a response.

@Grabberlime- I have the factory active exhaust. I didn't seek it out, but it was on the car I wound up picking out. I thoroughly enjoy the benefits of it, but if I were say ordering a new one, I would skip it and put that money towards different options, or something else. Its great in the morning because I live in a historic district where the houses are on top of each other-- can practically shake my neighbors hand if we both reach out our kitchen windows.

That being said, it will be nice to have this spring and summer if neighbor continues to insist that hi backpack gas powered leaf blower is really necessary for the less than 1/4 acre lot that somehow takes three hours to clear...because then Track mode at 7am...

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
How do I report Midlyfe? Since I joined this forum and started reading this thread, every post I read from Midlyfe, sounds like Clint Eastwood is saying it in my head. This in turn makes me respond to any question my wife has for me with a very bad Clint Eastwood impression as a response.

@Grabberlime- I have the factory active exhaust. I didn't seek it out, but it was on the car I wound up picking out. I thoroughly enjoy the benefits of it, but if I were say ordering a new one, I would skip it and put that money towards different options, or something else. Its great in the morning because I live in a historic district where the houses are on top of each other-- can practically shake my neighbors hand if we both reach out our kitchen windows.

That being said, it will be nice to have this spring and summer if neighbor continues to insist that hi backpack gas powered leaf blower is really necessary for the less than 1/4 acre lot that somehow takes three hours to clear...because then Track mode at 7am...
You just made my day, Sean.

Sorry for that.

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
One of the other cool things you can do to your convertible- Look up the Clinched Spider top. Its easy to install and fits amazing. My wife has a 2021 convertible, and her top is currently at the painter. Here is what it looks like installed without paint.
spider.jpg

Sealawyer5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sherwood
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Convertible
Are you having any trouble getting the rear two panels to slide between the rear of the convertible top and the rear of the vehicle? I purchased one and have been messing with a week. I'm afraid to spend the money on having it painted Rapid Red because I don't think the paint will hold up with all the slamming in and out
DSCN4562.JPG
DSCN4581.JPG
DSCN4569.JPG
DSCN4582.JPG
DSCN4580 (1).JPG
DSCN4547.JPG
Sponsored