Sponsored

Biggest Big Brake Kit For 19" Wheels

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have the PP Brembos but would like a bigger better kit. Any ideas? Guys are always worried about power but if you cannot stop...........:eyebulge:
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the PP Brembos but would like a bigger better kit. Any ideas? Guys are always worried about power but if you cannot stop...........:eyebulge:
You have more than enough area and torque to stop with the PP Brembos. Upgrade pads and rotors for better stopping power.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You have more than enough area and torque to stop with the PP Brembos. Upgrade pads and rotors for better stopping power.
What upgraded rotors are you recommending. Honestly your brakes are only as good as your traction. Am about to buy some stickier tires than I already have. My biggest problem is the guy behind me cannot stop.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What upgraded rotors are you recommending. Honestly your brakes are only as good as your traction. Am about to buy some stickier tires than I already have. My biggest problem is the guy behind me cannot stop.
If you don't want to go really high dollar and significantly lighter, DBA would be a good option:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/dba-4000-t3-slotted-front-1516gt.html

Edit: darn, those are for the non-PP. I would get slotted rotors:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/steeda-15in-slotted-front-rotors-2015gt.html

Otherwise, if budget is pretty open, 2-piece setups are pretty sweet.

What tires are you running now? With our cars on summer tires, even stock, we can stop quicker than the vast majority of vehicles, so that will always be the issue.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oooh, those would be nice for me though. Thanks for pointing those out.
And me! :lol:

I'm just mulling over pads now.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
And me! :lol:

I'm just mulling over pads now.
Yeah pads are one of those things I've been looking at forever. I want some magic pads that don't make a lot of dust or noise but have good stopping. :frusty:

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If you don't want to go really high dollar and significantly lighter, DBA would be a good option:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/dba-4000-t3-slotted-front-1516gt.html

Edit: darn, those are for the non-PP. I would get slotted rotors:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/steeda-15in-slotted-front-rotors-2015gt.html

Otherwise, if budget is pretty open, 2-piece setups are pretty sweet.

What tires are you running now? With our cars on summer tires, even stock, we can stop quicker than the vast majority of vehicles, so that will always be the issue.
I stay away from Steeda products have had a couple bad experiences with them. The DBA would be much better. Probably will go with a 2 piece rotor. Presently running Bridgestone RE-11s good balance of traction and longevity. I had a scare couple weeks ago where a car pulled out in front of me I was doing 75 mph car was doing about 20-25 mph and quick reaction and Brembos combined with these RE-11s I was able to stop without incident.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I stay away from Steeda products have had a couple bad experiences with them. The DBA would be much better. Probably will go with a 2 piece rotor. Presently running Bridgestone RE-11s good balance of traction and longevity. I had a scare couple weeks ago where a car pulled out in front of me I was doing 75 mph car was doing about 20-25 mph and quick reaction and Brembos combined with these RE-11s I was able to stop without incident.
So...what's the problem? I'm not sure why DBA doesn't offer anything for the GT PP. Honestly the upgrade I would consider if you feel you need bigger are GT350 calipers and rotors. I think you'd be more than satisfied with a better rotor and pad combo, though.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So...what's the problem? I'm not sure why DBA doesn't offer anything for the GT PP. Honestly the upgrade I would consider if you feel you need bigger are GT350 calipers and rotors. I think you'd be more than satisfied with a better rotor and pad combo, though.
You are probably correct. Bigger is better with brakes and looking at better grabbing front/rear tires. Car almost has 20,000 and I beat on these brakes. All it takes for one time when they don't work and could be a bad day. What pad are you thinking of? And will the GT350 calipers fit Project 6GR 19s?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You are probably correct. Bigger is better with brakes and looking at better grabbing front/rear tires. Car almost has 20,000 and I beat on these brakes. All it takes for one time when they don't work and could be a bad day. What pad are you thinking of? And will the GT350 calipers fit Project 6GR 19s?
Do you actually track the car, or just hard backroad and street driving?
Carbotech AX6 may be a good choice for you if you're not tracking the car. It may have a little more noise than the stock pads but they will bite hard. Powerstop's Track Day pad, too. I am nearly certain the GT350 calipers would fit as I believe those wheels have been fitted to GT350's.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Do you actually track the car, or just hard backroad and street driving?
Carbotech AX6 may be a good choice for you if you're not tracking the car. It may have a little more noise than the stock pads but they will bite hard. Powerstop's Track Day pad, too. I am nearly certain the GT350 calipers would fit as I believe those wheels have been fitted to GT350's.
Hard back road driving. Ah the noise. I love more noise. Give me the noisy pads. :headbang:

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yeah pads are one of those things I've been looking at forever. I want some magic pads that don't make a lot of dust or noise but have good stopping. :frusty:
Hard to have the best of both worlds.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hard back road driving. Ah the noise. I love more noise. Give me the noisy pads. :headbang:
I'd consider G-LOC R6 or Carbotech AX6. They will have very high torque at lower temps and similar operating range to the stock pads. They'll squeal some under light braking, though.

http://www.opmustang.com/store/p61/store/c5/BRAKES.html
+
http://www.opmustang.com/store/p52/...d_Rotors_-_Optimum_Performance_Exclusive.html
or
http://www.opmustang.com/store/p21/...S550_Mustang_GT_with_Performance_Package.html

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT