Big Worm GT350 stripes on TY

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow
I received my stripes from Big Worm Graphix in the mail yesterday and installed them myself. It took me about 6 hours, never having done full body stripes before. I have worked with vinyl before though and I have to say this material was by far the easiest I've ever worked with. I highly recommend their product! These are the gloss black and gloss white pinstripe. I was on the fence at first, not wanting to look like I was trying to copy a GT350, but seeing them in person on my car I love them and couldn't care less if people think that. lol
2015-08-25_135133480_3B8ED_iOS.jpg
2015-08-25_135113554_A4A6B_iOS.jpg
2015-08-25_134631892_1933B_iOS.jpg
2015-08-25_135230113_87286_iOS.jpg
2015-08-25_135220630_1919D_iOS.jpg
2015-08-25_135157524_A3BCA_iOS.jpg
Sponsored

Dark Horse GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Black PP
Looks great! Nice work!

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Eh, who cares if people think you're trying to "copy" a gt350. So long as you're not putting shelby badging on the car, I don't think anyone would care.

Looks great. I bought my super snake stripes a couple weeks ago and haven't had them installed yet. I keep questioning my choice of stripes everytime I see these. I better hurry up and get them installed before I do something stupid and order another set of stripes

OP
OP
Edwin

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
I agree completely.

Haha thanks, I've seen super snake style stripes on an S550 and it looked awesome. Plus they're a little more unique than the dual stripes. I say throw them on and post some pics!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Edwin

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your purchase and posting the pics! Can I use your pictures on our web site? Great job on the install!
Thanks a lot! You can absolutely use my pics. Very impressed with your product.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
I think TY looks better with stripes. It's such a bright color that the stripes break it up to a more manageable palet. Your car looks great. White pinstripe is perfect.

OP
OP
Edwin

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys! I really like this specific Yellow. But yeah it does look better broken up a little in my opinion.

Sponsored

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I always loved the yellow with black accents on the Mustang, that looks awesome.

OP
OP
Edwin

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you have a lot of free time the day you do it. Even if it isn't your first time it'll be way easier if you don't have to rush.

The only area that seemed tricky was probably the trunk portion. Only because there are some slight angles under the spoiler and if you have a wing then there will be extra pieces to line up. Definitely use a little heat back there, makes it way easier to conform to the bends.

As long as you take the time to line everything up beforehand, you honestly eliminate a lot of problems you otherwise may run into.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I also plan to setup some bright lights in the garage, and then work with the door down, so as to reduce airborne dust.

My installer said that it was hard to gauge center alignment of the trunk stripes due to challenges in determining the true center. He said he wished he had taken me up on my offer to leave our laser level!

In which order do you think it would be best to install the 7 segment-pairs? I.e. easiest ones first to get the hang of it, versus main stripes first due to ease of alignment, etc.?

OP
OP
Edwin

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
If I remember correctly I went straight up from the backup camera to find the center of the trunk.

If you buy the big worm kit they will give you two different sections for the middle grill area. One as two long stripes and one as two halves of two stripes that will meet in the middle. If you haven't done vinyl before it might be a good idea to start with that section and get a fee for it. That way if you screw up you'll already have a backup.

Other than that, I would do the main parts first. That way as your going through everything will be kept in line with the big main pieces. They're also the easier ones to work with since they're flat areas.
Sponsored