BG synchro shift 2

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Swapped the OEM fluid out for the apparently sacred BG synchro shift 2 today. So far the 2nd gear nibble still present but I’ll keep everyone updated this week. See what a cold start brings tomorrow !
Sponsored

OP
OP
andyturbo2000

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
So, thoughts so far. Cold this morning, about 3-4 miles with the new oil. Didn’t feel any difference at all, which was disappointing. Later in the day when the weather was loads better, the box warmed up seemed to be a lot better. Slipping into 2nd gear much less grind. Can even rush the box now when I couldn’t before. Further update tomorrow.

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I was going to put BG Synchro in mine, but couldn't get any (did you order it from the States?) In the end I put Motul Multi DCTF in mine following a recommendation from guy in the US and my cogs have been noticeably less crunchy ever since. I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

OP
OP
andyturbo2000

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I got mine from Power Flow ltd, Bury St. edmunds. About £90 including packaging.

Sponsored

OP
OP
andyturbo2000

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Took the car for a long trip to a Ford garage for warranty work, which meant motorway driving getting the car super warmed up. When I came off the motorway, I could rush every gear change and had mild/pretty no nibble in 2nd. Other gears feel more or less the same I believe, however 1st to 2nd was the real problem, probably due to synchros. Not saying that changing oil is the key, but it certainly seems to help. In the cold, the clunky box is still present, however I'm hoping once the oil and gears have thoroughly mixed and bedded in, the cold performance will improve. All I can say that the moment, is take the plunge guys...I was supremely sceptical and it's better than I thought. I will update in a weeks time to see if what I'm experiencing is a rose tinted view !!

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Project NemStang / Modified UK S550 Mustang GT
Hey Guy's we now have the BG Products Syncro Shift II in stock:

https://nemesisuk.com/products/bg-p...3-mustang-2011-20?_pos=2&_sid=ed214c45d&_ss=r

We also have the Multi Gear Concentrate (MGC):

https://nemesisuk.com/products/bg-products-universal-mgc-bg-328e?_pos=1&_sid=ed214c45d&_ss=r

As well as the Ultra Guard Diff Oil that comes in at = £77.50 for x2 bottles.

MCG recommended in both Gear Box for the Mustangs.

Feel free to give us a call and can set up discounted price for you. We already have code: mustang6g but could do a little better. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
andyturbo2000

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Okay - i've had it in my gearbox for around a week and a half. When cold, I would still say there's no difference OR that getting it into 2nd is actually harder. I think this is because it's thicker than Ford stuff so takes a bit of warming up. The USA boys have a TSB for replacement gear oil and Ford and now putting ultra thin oil in - great for cold starts, not great for nibble I guess. You still have to nurse the box for the first 10-15 mins of driving. When the oil temp gauge gets to its normal temp (two thirds up, well in the green) it starts to wave its magic wand. The great thing is that if you park the car up a for a hour the box continues to warm through and changes are great when back in the car. I would imagine very cold mornings are still going to be a problem.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
is it easy to change the gearbox oil? ie fill hole etc easy to get to? I take it you need some form of pump or big syringe and tube to fill it?

OP
OP
andyturbo2000

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
is it easy to change the gearbox oil? ie fill hole etc easy to get to? I take it you need some form of pump or big syringe and tube to fill it?
Jack the car up drivers side and put on axle stand. The fill plug is upper drivers side and drain plug sticks out at the bottom. Allen keys for both - fill plug a bit tricky to get to. We used this, it holds a pint so have a sheet handy for filling up. Gets a little messy but works well. The plastic tube doesn’t go in far. You have to fill about six times. We measured what was in there and we put more or less the same back a smidge under (150ml) under three US quarts. Dropped the car a couple of times to level it off but none came out the fill plug so assume the casing is larger than the liquid. Used this

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hilka-pr...bLXh5a32VZen9jSM_s8aAhSOEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richie
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I heard there is discount code for Optimum Performance (opmustang.com) where you can buy BG synchro shift 2 kits , DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE DISCOUNT CODE????

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
they're in the gearbox and drive train section on here go talk to them directly and they usuall do you a discount anyway.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have ecoboost mt82. Had bg synchro ii tossed in for 110 while I was having alignment done. Didn’t feel anything for a couple days. But after that, butter smooth, even in mornings but I also have Barton hybrid 3 short shifter which reduced it a lot beforehand already.

my Car is a summer car, so when I say early mornings I meant 60* I already put car up for winter.

but I had a slight nibble80% reduced from shifter change, this synchro ii removed the remaining

OP
OP
andyturbo2000

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I would definitely say it takes a few miles to bed in
Sponsored