Best supercharger for me

PaviSingh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pavi
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I want my head to fly back when I step on it so I’m thinking something like a whipple would be better for me rather than a centrifugal like ess. What is your opinions I don’t care much about racing it but just want to feel that instant power
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a pretty comprehensive review of the Superchargers that we sell:

https://www.steeda.com/best-superchargers-s550-mustang

As a point of reference, our Steeda Performance Vehicles use the Whipple Supercharger & our World Record Setting Drag Car uses the Edelbrock Supercharger.

Both have their advantages but I am happy to put you in touch with our Performance division if you would like to discuss - consultations are free :)

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I want my head to fly back when I step on it so I’m thinking something like a whipple would be better for me rather than a centrifugal like ess. What is your opinions I don’t care much about racing it but just want to feel that instant power
There are multiple things to consider.

Drivability, Power Goals, Budget, Supporting Mods, and Installer (to name majority).

Once you have figured out those options, then you can figure out the best solution for yourself and your wants.

In my opinion, best "feel" for what your looking for is going to be a PD Blower (Whipple, VMP, Edelbrock); However, their are other things to consider such as mentioned above. Personally from my experience, you have to put alot into cooling to keep the Blowers and Engine happy.

A centrifugal blower such as ESS, Procharger, Vortech do not offer the initial hit on power and torque but provide a change over in supporting mods required, as well as other mods you may run into.

Best advice: Find your local car group and see who has what done to their Mustangs and go for a ride. See which one you like and feel best suits your needs as these are not cheap mods and you don't want to regret this purchase.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
A TVS is what you want.

WERA49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Roush Supercharger Premium 401A
Eaton makes a lot of the superchargers for our cars. I bought my car used with a dealer installed Roush supercharger. It is an Eaton TVS R2650 with a Roush nameplate.
https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/catalog/engine-solutions/tvs-r2650.html

My car is a LOT of fun to drive. I'm very happy with this supercharger.

To get a rough idea of installation requirements, watch this video from CJ Pony Parts.

Sponsored

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_Ricky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Any supercharger will throw your head back when you floor it. The biggest differences are going to be where that power comes in. If you want something that feels more peppy with casual driving. Get a tvs. Has a more linear response and you’ll feel that at part throttle.

Personally I went with a centrifugal. Mostly because I absolutely love the noises they make lol but also because I prefer the power delivery. It’s a stock feeling car when driving around town. But when you floor it, it turns into a monster. Gives a different kind of rush. Like a 2 stroke dirt bike powerband vs 4 stroke.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Any supercharger will throw your head back when you floor it. The biggest differences are going to be where that power comes in. If you want something that feels more peppy with casual driving. Get a tvs. Has a more linear response and you’ll feel that at part throttle.

Personally I went with a centrifugal. Mostly because I absolutely love the noises they make lol but also because I prefer the power delivery. It’s a stock feeling car when driving around town. But when you floor it, it turns into a monster. Gives a different kind of rush. Like a 2 stroke dirt bike powerband vs 4 stroke.
2 strokes are the GOAT…

Last edited:

NavyMAChief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Whipple GT350
Find some people on here in Philly that have different blowers and go for a ride. Better to feel it before dropping a lot of coin.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

NavyMAChief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Whipple GT350
Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I want my head to fly back when I step on it so I’m thinking something like a whipple would be better for me rather than a centrifugal like Vortech, Paxton, Procharger. What is your opinions I don’t care much about racing it but just want to feel that instant power
Everyones opinion will always be whats on their car 99.9% of the time. Thats how it goes.

Driving style, budget, looks, etc. all come into play when deciding on a kit.

Feel Free to give me a ring, we do more coyote power adders than anyone and we can go over your goals.

Beef
513-478-1965

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Hey there!

Sounds like you're looking for a positive displacement blower. Our Whippled '18 threw you back with even 50-70% throttle. Do you have a 15-17 or 18+? VMP, Edelbrock, Whipple, and Roush all make blowers for these cars and depending on your goals and budget, may fit your needs. Let us know what you're looking to make in power and your model year - we'd be happy to get a package going for you.
Sponsored