Sponsored

Best springs for Dragstrip(Automatic)

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Maybe my search skills are lacking, but I didn't see a specific thread detailing the best options spring wise for the dragstrip, and launching. I know in older years, Cobra Jet springs were sometimes used etc.

Mine is a base automatic w/ 3.15 gear. I am looking to get some springs on the car to lower it a little, but also want something that will help in transferring weight to the rear wheels... more so than a standard stiff handling spring would.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
Cobra jet springs is about the best you can get right now that I know of until BMR comes out with thier drag springs that's what im waiting on now. I would say take your front sway bar out to help transfer weight but it doesn't really help in this chassis but I did take both of mine out to drop weight.

OP
OP

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Cobra jet springs is about the best you can get right now that I know of until BMR comes out with thier drag springs that's what im waiting on now. I would say take your front sway bar out to help transfer weight but it doesn't really help in this chassis but I did take both of mine out to drop weight.
Ok, thanks for the info. I might wait a little bit to see what offerings come around for it. Wanting some of those 1.3-1.4 60s. :)
Sponsored