Sponsored

Best Oil opinions for new EcoBoost Turbo Mustang

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Ok so i know there are many oil threads out there concerning many different engines and brands. But being that this is a new Engine im wondering on everyones thoughts are to what oil they plan on running in there EcoBoost after the factory oil is long gone? I know from owning a 13 Subaru WRX and 07 FORD F250 diesel truck that for those Turbo engines i ran Shell Rotella T6.. Seems to be a great oil for Turbo Engines and prevents oil consumption.. So it may be just as great for this new FORD 2.3 Turbo.. Just my thoughts as i still didnt decide myself what brand im going to go with.. Part of me might even decide just go to the local quick station as they use Valvoline..Nice to get a quick 10 min change.. Ive actually have been hearing good things about Valvoline even being used in alot of Racing applications.. I guess the most important part is use an oil thats approved buy the manufacturer and change it often.
Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Changed mine with Amsoil 5w30 signature series.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
I used MOTUL X-Clean. :)

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I use Mobil 1 in my EB and HERE is why. It tops the independent wear tests for a 5W30 synthetic oil and is widely available at reasonable prices.

Jim

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I use Mobil 1 in my EB and HERE is why. It tops the independent wear tests for a 5W30 synthetic oil and is widely available at reasonable prices.

Jim
How often do you change your oil, and what filter do you use? Really, what intervals do you all go by?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheZman

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jim
I use to use Mobile one for a long time.. My only problem with it which may not really even be a problem is when i switched to it in my Harley Davidson's valves and engine got alot louder.. Always made me wonder about it and the extra noise was annoying.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I plan to use the Motorcraft Semi-Synthetic that came with the motor from the factory or the Motorcraft full synthetic.

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
How often do you change your oil, and what filter do you use? Really, what intervals do you all go by?
I only have 1300 miles on the EB so it's just been changed to get the break-in oil out of it, but I will change again at 6,000 and every 6,000 after that. I also have two new Subaru's in the family that use Mobil 1 0W20 that are on 6,000 mile oil changes.

I'm a hard core proponent of Wix filters. Do a search and you'll find lots of tests and comparisons of oil filters. Wix is always at or one of the top filters. Construction quality is 2nd to none. Again, it's widely available at reasonable prices.

My $0.02 worth... :)

Jim

Budzinski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I was thinking about running rotella t6 5w-40 diesel oil.. I ran that in my Mazda speed without any problems and there's more chemicals to help with fuel dilution do to direct injection.. A lot of speed guys used it.. Still up in the air since I only have 1300 miles and a free oil change at the dealer for my first one and use motorcraft

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheZman

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking about running rotella t6 5w-40 diesel oil.. I ran that in my Mazda speed without any problems and there's more chemicals to help with fuel dilution do to direct injection.. A lot of speed guys used it.. Still up in the air since I only have 1300 miles and a free oil change at the dealer for my first one and use motorcraft
Yep thats what i ran in my WRX and Diesel pick up.. Good stuff!

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I've heard the same thing about rotella had a customer come in with a Subaru wrx asking for that oil...anyhow I've always liked amsoil, red line, & royal purple. In my 1k track bike I ran each oil, amsoil & red line always came out pretty clean & no engine noise royal purple was the only one that came out a little darker but no noise shifting was smooth with all three...I know it's a motorcycle but it sees allot more abuse than the car would always being over 7k rpms at the track not quarter mile pass but 20-30 minute track runs.

OP
OP
TheZman

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've heard the same thing about rotella had a customer come in with a Subaru wrx asking for that oil...anyhow I've always liked amsoil, red line, & royal purple. In my 1k track bike I ran each oil, amsoil & red line always came out pretty clean & no engine noise royal purple was the only one that came out a little darker but no noise shifting was smooth with all three...I know it's a motorcycle but it sees allot more abuse than the car would always being over 7k rpms at the track not quarter mile pass but 20-30 minute track runs.
I think its ok that you mentioned your bike and it does matter! Like i said earlier when i used Mobile 1 in my Harley the valve train got alot louder! Harley engines are air cooled and run extremely HOT! So it made me a bit concerned.. Almost like it was too thin and slippy for it and didnt like the heat.. Dont know but the extra noise drove me nuts! But i really think that Rotella T6 motor is good for Turbo engines for sure!

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
What oil filter would you use?
(Just to stir the pot a little)

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Yeah zman I ran mobile 1 in my bike & imo worst oil..Lol I changed the oil prior to a track day used mobile 1 ran it & talk about noise LOL the shifting was ruff ran it half a session came out dumped the oil ran to the shop replaced it with amsoil & never looked back
Sponsored