Sponsored

Best Mustang to boost (need help)

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
So I can buy a new 301A A10 car right now for $36k?
Probably not (the best I saw at this place was an auto 300A for 37k) but if prices have gone up further due to "COVID insanity" then it does so for all models. Regardless of where the prices are, the delta between the GT and Mach remains just about the same (20-25k).
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Probably not (the best I saw at this place was an auto 300A for 37k) but if prices have gone up further due to "COVID insanity" then it does so for all models. Regardless of where the prices are, the delta between the GT and Mach remains just about the same (20-25k).
My point is, your quoting unobtainable prices to try to accentuate your argument. I bought my GT350 in 2017 with 7k miles on it for $52k. It would be disingenuous to use that in value arguments. Everyone bought stuff cheaper before.

The best starting platform for straight line upgrades would be a non premium GT, 15-17, low mileage 6R80 car or a low mileage non premium 18 A10.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
My point is, your quoting unobtainable prices to try to accentuate your argument.
My argument is about the delta between the 2 models which remains the same regardless of levels of insanity. Mach 1s were also cheaper back in fall 2021 when I bought my GT.

OP
OP

WE_SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
None
Man you know what Mustangs cost in the Netherlands... its insane.. im looking at a 2015 automatic and the asking privé is 39.999 Euro, so thats over 40.000 dollars. And you telling me you can buy a New mustang for 36.000????

M-Driver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Hello guys,

Im New here and im from Europe. After tuning my Volkswagen Golf to 631 Hp im now looking in to American Muscle to tune. There is not that many people tuning these cars in the Netherlands so i have a question.

Im looking at 2015 and up mustangs and im wondering what the best platform is to start tuning from?

What is the best transmission to start with?

Please let me know what you would buy and why from 2015 and up to supercharge or turbo, offcourse also keeping in mind that a 2015 will cost way less than a 2020.

Thanks!
What's your HP goal?
What's your budget?
What do you want the car to use for?

Do you want to drive it fast on the german Autobahn? Then you should invest into forged internals and pistons with bigger ring gaps. The stock rings are an issue when you push the limit.

Sponsored

OP
OP

WE_SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
None
What's your HP goal?
What's your budget?
What do you want the car to use for?

Do you want to drive it fast on the german Autobahn? Then you should invest into forged internals and pistons with bigger ring gaps. The stock rings are an issue when you push the limit.
I was thinking of going for a helion twin turbo kit with bagger turbo's but to keep them on low boost for a While so i can see how i like it without building the block. The car is a car to take to meets and to run against others i roll races. No daily. Budget depends on what the car is going to set me back, dutch import tax is insane.. i could buy the whole kit for the import tax price so im looking for a way around that tax...

M-Driver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
@WE_SPEED Do you have the same emission regulations as we have in germany? I don't know any tuner in germany that offers a legal turbo kit for the Mustang. Mostly PD and some centrifugal blowers are available here. Then Gen 3 Coyote (2018 - 2022) have an additional particle filter which makes forced induction more tricky.
Sponsored