Sponsored

Best budget wheel spacers?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I'm looking to get some 20mm or less spacers for my 16' GT with 20in factory wheels. Can anyone recommend a good budget set? I've seen several different brands on Ebay for fairly reasonable prices. Also do they effect the handling of the car at all? Are there any downsides to using them? I think they do make the car look better but am worried about mechanical issues.
Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
do you have enough fender clearance to push the tires out almost 1"?

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do you have enough fender clearance to push the tires out almost 1"?
I'm stock height now but have BMR 082/089 springs on the way which are minimal drop. I believe they are like .5 rear and .75 front. So I should have enough clearance? I seen a few people with that suspension setup running spacers.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I'm stock height now but have BMR 082/089 springs on the way which are minimal drop. I believe they are like .5 rear and .75 front. So I should have enough clearance? I seen a few people with that suspension setup running spacers.
You'll have plenty of clearance with spacers...unless you put a lot of weight into in. Plenty of guys have Eibachs and spacers with no problems. I went with Motorsport Tech ones, still on the mail.

It's your car and your way...personally, I wouldn't trust Ebay ones, too big of a risk to take.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm looking to get some 20mm or less spacers for my 16' GT with 20in factory wheels. Can anyone recommend a good budget set? I've seen several different brands on Ebay for fairly reasonable prices.
I wouldn't ever buy spacers for any reason other than to solve a very light rub between, say, a front tire and the strut. More like 3 mm.

Also do they effect the handling of the car at all? Are there any downsides to using them?
Your car's scrub radius will change, and this can make the car more subject to tramlining, rut wander, and general instability going over open metal gratings on some bridges.

There is the matter of maintaining enough threads fully engaged. At least one bolt diameter is pretty much a minimum here. Maintaining lug nut torque becomes somewhat more critical, and this applies to adapter-style spacers that are separately bolted to the hub/rotor and have their own studs and nuts for the wheels.

Personally, I'd try to find wheels an inch wider and get the performance to go with what the look is trying to suggest is there.

Norm

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank's everyone. I'll probably just go the wider wheel route eventually which is something I planned to do in the future anyway.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on the coyote, very solid and well made. Prices are for a pair.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
+1 on the coyote, very solid and well made. Prices are for a pair.
Thank's. At that price maybe I'll run them until I can afford some new wheels/tires. Right now the stock 20x9 factory wheels sit fairly deep in the fender, and I like the more sporty look of having them flush up against the fender. It will be even more noticeable once I add the BMR springs in the next 3 weeks or so.

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
I'm about to install those same springs with the Eibach 20mm spacers. Don't shortcut on the spacers, I picked mine up from Autoanything (best price). Clearance will be no issue at all.

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I bent a stud on my coyote spacers from having them on my rear wheels and launching on the street.

KatoS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
+1 Here for Coyote Spacers. I've been running them for almost 3 months now on Eibach Sportlines. No rub. Not even on heavy dips on the major highways out here. Mount them, then re-torq them after about 100 miles. Then good to go.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
+1 Here for Coyote Spacers. I've been running them for almost 3 months now on Eibach Sportlines. No rub. Not even on heavy dips on the major highways out here. Mount them, then re-torq them after about 100 miles. Then good to go.
You had to retorque the hub side or wheel side of the spacers?
Sponsored