Best blank rear decklid panel

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Perfect timing! I just ordered mine yesterday. So the provided hardware doesnt work? AM's website was super confusing b/c it had info saying it did and did not fit the 18's.
I can’t comment on the 18 MY but the panel I received for the 17 was basically a stripped panel. The camera, clips, weather stripping and padded spacing block needed to be transferred over. Had I known before hand, I would have purchased new clips to make it easier. Panel alignment after install was the same as my OEM GT panel. I had more of a gap on one side than the other.
Sponsored

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can’t comment on the 18 MY but the panel I received for the 17 was basically a stripped panel. The camera, clips, weather stripping and padded spacing block needed to be transferred over. Had I known before hand, I would have purchased new clips to make it easier. Panel alignment after install was the same as my OEM GT panel. I had more of a gap on one side than the other.
Got ya. I just read some recent reviews and 18 owners seem to say the same about fitment.

OP
OP
myboostedgst

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
As requested, photo below.
1.jpg
Just goes to show you how the market dictates pricing. The flat panel is 2x more expensive than this “Mustang” embossed one.

Mine is supposed to arrive on Thursday. I should get some time to install it right away. I’ll be sure to post up a few photos

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
The panel I got came off a 2016-2017 convertible. Unsure which one. It had different weather stripping and padding, including the actual slots at the top. I had to break off a few extra plastic pieces to get it to fit. I am not sure if that is a convertible thing or simply a different design from 2015-2017.

I am fairly certain I got it on correctly as the holes lined up and it slid into place. Hoping I got those two other pieces at the bottom.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Just goes to show you how the market dictates pricing. The flat panel is 2x more expensive than this “Mustang” embossed one.

Mine is supposed to arrive on Thursday. I should get some time to install it right away. I’ll be sure to post up a few photos
For pricing as an FYI here is how mine happened. You can't buy one with the lettering already on that I am aware of. I did that myself.

Deck lid - Purchased from someone in the area $60
Body Shop - Filling the holes and repaint - $140
Letters - $45

Total: $245

Sponsored

OP
OP
myboostedgst

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
For pricing as an FYI here is how mine happened. You can't buy one with the lettering already on that I am aware of. I did that myself.

Deck lid - Purchased from someone in the area $60
Body Shop - Filling the holes and repaint - $140
Letters - $45

Total: $245
I see now. The $45 price tag I saw was just the letters. What was the reason for buying a panel, then paying the $160 to paint it? The MP Concepts one is $100 and painted already.

I’m hoping I can sell my stock rear decklid for $40 after I am done. Would put this at a all in cost of $60. My MP Concepts decklid should be here this afternoon and I will be installing it then.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I see now. The $45 price tag I saw was just the letters. What was the reason for buying a panel, then paying the $160 to paint it? The MP Concepts one is $100 and painted already.

I’m hoping I can sell my stock rear decklid for $40 after I am done. Would put this at a all in cost of $60. My MP Concepts decklid should be here this afternoon and I will be installing it then.
Mostly because I am in Canada and then I have to pay duties and taxes so it doesn't become advantageous at that point. I lose a lot with duties + shipping + taxes. For example those letters that are 45 USD almost cost me $90 Canadian after shipping etc. It also doesn't include the hardware or weatherstripping and I would have had to do that. Not to mention I was worried that gloss black may not match exactly with the paint color.

OP
OP
myboostedgst

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Mostly because I am in Canada and then I have to pay duties and taxes so it doesn't become advantageous at that point. I lose a lot with duties + shipping + taxes. For example those letters that are 45 USD almost cost me $90 Canadian after shipping etc. It also doesn't include the hardware or weatherstripping and I would have had to do that. Not to mention I was worried that gloss black may not match exactly with the paint color.
Didnt realize you were in Canada, that’s what I get for always posting from my phone.

OP
OP
myboostedgst

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Got it installed today. I will say that I am extremely impressed with this piece. I would give it a 9.5/10. Only issue I have is that you can see a little more orange peel than normal. But....I do mean only a TINY bit more than on the car. It does stand out to me even more because I have a extremely high quality cut/polish/ceramic coat job on the car. The normal person wouldn’t be able to tell at all.

The black paint matches perfectly to the tail light surrounds. Fitment is pretty much perfect. Even gap right to left. The driver side does seem to stick out just a millimeter further towards the back of the car (away from the trunk...not sure if I am explaining that correctly). But my OEM piece did the same, so my trunk/holes must be slightly off. It fits identical to my stock piece. Nice and tight around the camera. All spots for clips were fine, the clips gripped perfectly fine. It is amazing how much it changes the entire look of the rear end of the car. Overall, this is one of my favorite modifications I’ve done to the car. Super simply and cheap. A perfect 5/7.

PS - Please excuse the iPhone pics. I haven’t got the car clean enough to justify pulling the DSLR out.

956E2B04-DDA9-46D6-AED5-2870FCF68D47.jpeg
CD3BB893-94F4-4AF6-A23E-10174302AE87.jpeg
B447C187-2906-47BE-AD9F-F8D49A1E9DE2.jpeg
23D3B788-6AA8-4130-AE57-1B8B1EC86CF6.jpeg
D3355EEE-72EE-4D54-8C5D-500D32A7B8F3.jpeg

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Got it installed today. I will say that I am extremely impressed with this piece. I would give it a 9.5/10. Only issue I have is that you can see a little more orange peel than normal. But....I do mean only a TINY bit more than on the car. It does stand out to me even more because I have a extremely high quality cut/polish/ceramic coat job on the car. The normal person wouldn’t be able to tell at all.

The black paint matches perfectly to the tail light surrounds. Fitment is pretty much perfect. Even gap right to left. The driver side does seem to stick out just a millimeter further towards the back of the car (away from the trunk...not sure if I am explaining that correctly). But my OEM piece did the same, so my trunk/holes must be slightly off. It fits identical to my stock piece. Nice and tight around the camera. All spots for clips were fine, the clips gripped perfectly fine. It is amazing how much it changes the entire look of the rear end of the car. Overall, this is one of my favorite modifications I’ve done to the car. Super simply and cheap. A perfect 5/7.

PS - Please excuse the iPhone pics. I haven’t got the car clean enough to justify pulling the DSLR out.

956E2B04-DDA9-46D6-AED5-2870FCF68D47.jpeg
CD3BB893-94F4-4AF6-A23E-10174302AE87.jpeg
B447C187-2906-47BE-AD9F-F8D49A1E9DE2.jpeg
23D3B788-6AA8-4130-AE57-1B8B1EC86CF6.jpeg
D3355EEE-72EE-4D54-8C5D-500D32A7B8F3.jpeg
Looks great. Mine comes in tomm.