BC Racing BR series coilovers vs Sportlines

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the deal guys...
My Mustang (Magnetic,5.0,manual,PP) won't arrive until October!
In the meantime I'm weighing my options.
It needs to be lowered, it needs an exhaust and it needs some wheels.
I was thinking of putting Eibach sportline springs/bilstein dampers under it but it seems that the BC coilovers might be another option - with the added bonus of height adjustability. I'm not sure that the Sportlines are low enough!

Has anyone installed the BC coilovers? How does the ride compare to the Performance Pack? Do they last?

What sort of ground clearance do the Sportlines give to the lowest part of the car? Ideally I'd be within the laws here in Australia (100mm/4" minimum)
It's going to be a daily driver but I like a car that "feels the road" eg. I'll easily tolerate a firm ride if it makes it go around a corner better (ex kart racer)
I'm thinking a sway bar kit will be in order as well, but that's another story.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Here's the deal guys...
My Mustang (Magnetic,5.0,manual,PP) won't arrive until October!
In the meantime I'm weighing my options.
It needs to be lowered, it needs an exhaust and it needs some wheels.
I was thinking of putting Eibach sportline springs/bilstein dampers under it but it seems that the BC coilovers might be another option - with the added bonus of height adjustability. I'm not sure that the Sportlines are low enough!

Has anyone installed the BC coilovers? How does the ride compare to the Performance Pack? Do they last?

What sort of ground clearance do the Sportlines give to the lowest part of the car? Ideally I'd be within the laws here in Australia (100mm/4" minimum)
It's going to be a daily driver but I like a car that "feels the road" eg. I'll easily tolerate a firm ride if it makes it go around a corner better (ex kart racer)
I'm thinking a sway bar kit will be in order as well, but that's another story.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Do not get the Cheap BCs. Save for the better KWs. I have done the cheap coil over route 2 times before and they lasted no more than 2 weeks on my vehicle. This is my opinion and I approve it. ;)

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Running BC's on my car - been quite a bit more than 2 weeks on the dampers and springs now. I will give some real world visibility to you here with pertinent information.

They have been a decent kit, they are not the most expensive / extensive kit on the market however they are fairly decent and ride really well.

I was concerned about ride quality vs actual usability - car handles well, and I definately do not need a kidney belt!

I wouldn't tell anyone how to dress their car - however from real world experience they are an ok alternative. The kit is nice.

Pros I have found:
-Nice finish
-Affordable
-Has enough basic adjustability to fit most DD / light track users needs - if you are
seriously tracking your car you probably arent asking too much here about BC given the circumstances
-Decent quality ride - the wife thinks it rides better now than before BC
-Rebuildable if you can get parts from BC (they have a fairly large distrubtion world wide and make parts for other manufacturers as well in a white box fashion)
-Direct drop in is a plus on this kit

I live in the rainy northwest. I have not found any excessive corrosion or damage due to salt or moisture on the kit after a winter of wet weather driving so far.

One of the cons to the kit is getting used to the Pillow-Ball type tops on the fronts. They can be a bit startling if you havent been told that the kit may make some pops on a hard turn going into or leaving a driveway where you are hard compressing the coil. Not damaging or a big deal - just interesting.

I dont find the kit to be overly noisy as some have claimed - nothing any different than any other coil kit I have been on.

Just my .02 for you to consider.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
IMO, you would be a lot better off with FRP struts and shocks with a good set of springs. FRP struts and shocks are $511. I have owned BC coilovers and sold a lot of them.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
IMO, you would be a lot better off with FRP struts and shocks with a good set of springs. FRP struts and shocks are $511. I have owned BC coilovers and sold a lot of them.
^^^THIS^^^ :)

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the input guys. Only problem with the FRP kit is that it just won't get me low enough, dammit!!!
Just looking at the BC's and ISC's, they look almost identical eg. Produced in same Chinese factory????
Binding and clunking in the steering holds ZERO appeal for me, but that's just an opinion.

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I dont feel like providing links but check out some of the recent post i made. There is some good info in regards to dealing with BC, funtionality, and install. You might be better off with ICS but i have no experience with them. Roush single adjustable might be good too but you may need caster camber plates so in the end they would be like $1700-1800 or nearly double the price of BC's

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I've done a bit more research and it looks like Eibach might have a solution coming shortly - reasonably priced coilovers from a reputable company
I tried to contact Eibach Australia but they're not answering the phone, or replying to emails and they're also uploading videos that don't exist to their website....
Hope the product is better than the sales pitch (or lack thereof)!
Sponsored