avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how many facelift members on here but seems to be a known problem after an oil change.I've done just under 9000 miles with no ticks apart from the direct injection noise at the top of the engine and no irregular tapping at the bottom.I had my first service oil change today and can report no problems.Seems to be pot luck(unlucky)if you get a ticking engine or rattle although ford said it was a normal feature of the engine.
It would be interesting to see how many have got it and how your dealorship has responded.
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
So did you go to Ford for the service or somewhere else?

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
If you search the forums there’s an official release from Ford saying this tick is nothing to worry about and is basically just a characteristic of the engine! Dealerships aren’t going to do anything.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you search the forums there’s an official release from Ford saying this tick is nothing to worry about and is basically just a characteristic of the engine! Dealerships aren’t going to do anything.
I've read them all lol
Perhaps Ford UK won't be doing anything because it hasn't been a problem(yet) but certainly in the US they've been swopping out engines.Problems regarding excessive rod bearing clearence,rattle at 2000 rpm,scored cylinder wall etc.Very strange that a tick can develope after an oil change thats why i recorded mine before and after service.I suppose with any mass produced part there will he engines that will fail. I would still document any irregular ticking/tapping at the bottom of the engine before or after an oil change with the dealorship.
Sponsored