Bbk headers

ZacharyDavis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zachary
Vehicle(s)
1991 Foxbody coupe, 2019 Bullitt
What’s everyone using for a mid pipe with bbk long tubes. I cannot find a catless mid pipe and on their website it claims to only work with their mid pipe. Wondering if anyone if using a different brand?
Sponsored

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You might have to get it custom made at a muffler shop. That’s what my set up was until I went with their high flow mid pipes. If not, buy mid pipes that are the same size and weld it at a shop?

Hostil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You might have to get it custom made at a muffler shop. That’s what my set up was until I went with their high flow mid pipes. If not, buy mid pipes that are the same size and weld it at a shop?
How do you like the BBK LTH and catted mid pipe? Did you do the install yourself?

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How do you like the BBK LTH and catted mid pipe? Did you do the install yourself?
I bought the car with the LTH on already. I installed the catted mid pipes. Doing it on jack stands in my driveway sucked! Especially because you need to tighten the bolts, while holding the pipes in place at the right angle. Definitely a lot easier on a lift.

They can handle quite the abuse. My car is lowered, so if I go over a bumper too fast, the suspension compresses and they hit the bump. A bit scratched up, but they dont crack or break!

I can’t compare them to any other headers so I can’t give a full pros and cons. They make my car very loud on cold starts, and very loud at WOT! Overall, im happy with them and wouldn’t want to get rid of them.

Hostil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I bought the car with the LTH on already. I installed the catted mid pipes. Doing it on jack stands in my driveway sucked! Especially because you need to tighten the bolts, while holding the pipes in place at the right angle. Definitely a lot easier on a lift.

They can handle quite the abuse. My car is lowered, so if I go over a bumper too fast, the suspension compresses and they hit the bump. A bit scratched up, but they dont crack or break!

I can’t compare them to any other headers so I can’t give a full pros and cons. They make my car very loud on cold starts, and very loud at WOT! Overall, im happy with them and wouldn’t want to get rid of them.
Thanks, much appreciated.
Sponsored