Sponsored

Battery cover clips

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does anyone have a better solution than the standard battery cover plastic clips/rivets?

I've only got one left now although I don't really see what they do other than have a lousy fit. They don't seem to secure the cover anymore than without them
Sponsored

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Cheers and at that price i don't really care if they fall out!

Have my existing clips just been mangled by who ever installed them in the first place or are they just like that?
They're just cheap plastic. Use them once and replace if they snap.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Cheers and at that price i don't really care if they fall out!

Have my existing clips just been mangled by who ever installed them in the first place or are they just like that?
I could be wrong but I believe some of the plastic clips are not supposed to be reusable. They can if you're lucky when removing but mostly they'll just get replaced after removal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I could be wrong but I believe some of the plastic clips are not supposed to be reusable. They can if you're lucky when removing but mostly they'll just get replaced after removal.
You're probably right but my GT was in at Ford for its service and they tested the battery as they told me it had come up faulty as part of the service and guess what not only did they use the existing clips but they didn't replace any of the missing ones either!!!
Typical Ford excelling themselves again

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Wow, that's a realy neat solution! :shock:
I like that. :thumbsup:

I did, however, order a 50-pack of W716510-S300 from eBay for just a couple of bucks. This will allow me to simply use new ones each and every time I remove the battery cover, for the rest of the car's life. :)
Sponsored