Sponsored

Base Cloth Seats to Premium AC/Heated Leather

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
3/25/2018 Update:

I was able to locate some wiring diagrams for the premium drivers seat and the non memory cloth seat. Any help would be appreciated in understanding these.

User Buzz-Dee helped by posting some clarifying information about how the wiring in the drivers seat differs between models.

attachment.jpg

Drivers seat, Base:

Non-Memory Drivers Side Wiring Diagram.JPG

Premium Seat Diagrams:

Premium Seat - Control Switch.JPG

Premium Seat - Driver Seat Module.JPG

Premium Seat - Memory Circuit.JPG

Leather Seat - Driver Seat Module.JPG

3/23/2018 Update:

Need help. The drivers seat is in but is not powering the movement motors. Can someone please pull the wiring diagrams for the base and premium seats for me to compare?

• Rear Seats are in. No trouble except a bent bracket on the new seats that I quickly bent back in line.
  • Leather Rear Seat.JPG
  • Front Passenger's seat is in and is fully functional. The heated and cooling functionality doesn't work because I don't have switches, but the power function works. The connector on the passenger side lined right up.
  • Premium Leather Seat in Base Mustang (2).JPG
  • Drivers Seat does not work. The only function that works is the power lumbar support. The power selector does not move the seat at all. See the connectors below.
  • First, what is on the car.
  • Base Mustang Driver Seat Connector Pins.JPG
  • Base Mustang Driver Seat Connector Label.JPG
  • Next, what is on the premium leather seat.
  • Premium Leather Seat Wiring Connectors.JPG

My Car:
  1. 2015 Mustang Base
  2. Ecoboost 2.3
  3. 6AT Transmission
  4. Only added option: Wheel/Stripe Package

My plans with this car
  • Add Premium Heated/Cooled Seats
  • Sync 3 Swap this summer
  • Adding memory for seats only
Wiring-Diagram-Passenger-Seat-Climate.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Ran out of time last night to get under the seats and see what connectors come on the base car VS. The drawings.

Does anyone have access to wiring diagrams for both base and premium cars?

I need the wiring diagrams from the the seats to the switches in the center console, then from the seats to the driver door for memory.

Botlfed98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
are the connectors different from the Base to Premium seats?

OP
OP

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Update. I got the seats in. Please see the first post for the official update.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
So the drivers seat connector is different ?
Yes and No... :D

Yes, the premium drivers seat has two connectors.
The base drivers seat has one.

No, in that one of the two connectors plugs right in with out any modification. However, only the power lumbar support works.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Premium power leather passenger has two plugs? Base power cloth passenger seat only has one plug? Looks like it supplies power to the position switch and motors as well as the airbag and weight sensor plug. I assume the similar driver side plug on the premium power leather driver seat supplies the lumbar and airbag system but the second plug supplies the position switch and motors.

I have a single 12-pin body side plug under both the driver and passenger side seats.

On the passenger side eight of the twelve body side positions have wires. On the passenger seat plug ten of the twelve positions have wires.

On the driver side five of the twelve body side positions have wires. On the driver seat plug seven of the twelve positions have wires.

I did not pull the seats to get a good look under the carpet to see if I might have a second body side plug on the driver side. It might be there being a 401A build. I figure they would have only one 401A body harness since it has all the other 401A features other than power heat/coll seat because of the upgrade to Recaro seats.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Premium power leather passenger seat only has one plug? Looks like it supplies power to the position switch and motors as well as the airbag and weight sensor plug. I assume the similar driver side plug on the premium power leather driver seat supplies the lumbar and airbag system but the second plug supplies the position switch and motors.

I have a single 12-pin body side plug under both the driver and passenger side seats.

On the passenger side eight of the twelve body side positions have wires. On the passenger seat plug ten of the twelve positions have wires.

On the driver side five of the twelve body side positions have wires. On the driver seat plug seven of the twelve positions have wires.

I did not pull the seats to get a good look under the carpet to see if I might have a second body side plug on the driver side. It might be there being a 401A build. I figure they would have only one 401A body harness since it has all the other 401A features other than power heat/coll seat because of the upgrade to Recaro seats.
I am in agreement with you on this one. I think you have the wiring, but more importantly you have the BCM for a premium car.

For the drivers seat, the main harness plug provides power to the seat motors for the non-memory 8 way power seat. The secondary plug is the one that provides the communication to the a few different things.

Take a look at the updated first post for more information. The seat motors in the premium car are connected to the drivers seat module that sends output to two MS-CAN + and - wires. Then there is an output to the Body Control Module and to the Driver door module.

Please pull your drivers seat and check for the hidden wiring for the second connector. You need a T-50 socket and a flat blade screwdriver.

Depending on if you have the second connector, we might be in the same boat. If we are, we can work together to find the wiring pinouts to get the seats working. If not, then you have no further use for this thread as it will just work.

See this image, posted by Buzz-Dee in another thread.

attachment.jpg
Non-Memory Drivers Side Wiring Diagram.JPG

Last edited:

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I looked under a friend's 2016 GT Premium 400A leather power passenger seat today and it has two plugs. Did the Premium passenger seat you put in have two plugs or one? It sounds like you only had one body side plug on the passenger side. I was calling them 12 pin plugs but I guess they are actually 16 pin plugs counting the four larger gauge wires that would be at the outside corners, i assume for the heat/cool power supply.

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Conv Auto Silver
Have you made progress here? I was able to make heated/cooled works, it is simple, I will post a thread for it. But had the driver seat not moving issue. The diagram you posted here are very useful for me. Sounds like the driver seat powering comes from the driver seat module (attached to driver door). In my case, I am not interested in the memory feature, but basically make it move, and enable heated/cooled. So now to make it move, I need to link the connector from the seat switch to the motors directly. Similar to how a non-memory one works.
By the way, the second connector under each premium seat connects the driver seat to the heated/cooled module. So there is one clean harness that goes from the driver second connector to the passenger second connector. The pinout is straight forward (pin 1 to pin 1 and so forth for all 16 pins (except 11 and 14 are not used). All else you have to do to enable heated/cooled is give the h/c module power (+/-) and MS CAN (+/-) to tell it to switch on/off etc, which are there already in the passenger (base) connector. You just have to know the pin out.
Once I am done with my connecting, I will write a post.
Unfortunately I am not interested in the memory feature, but it is doable too. You would need to get the module, and pigtails, and run the wiring per the diagrams you have above. The trick is in finding the MS CAN (+/-) but these are found at almost each corner of the car.