4. Larger Intercooler
  5. Larger throttle body
  6. Ported manifold
  7. CAI
  8. Delete cats
  9. Tune
  10. larger Injectors
  11. better fuel pump
This package will bring you close to 400 RWHP.
Yea I would probably just get a GT before I did all that. What I really meant is put down on the street since, I most likely won't be taking this car to the track
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Not sure where you got that general rule of thumb, but I've never heard of that before.
LOL WHAT!? there is no General rule of thumb.. Turbos for PSI~HP is different for every car.. that was a dumb assumption.
It isn't an exact science but it is a rule of thumb, and has always worked with me. That's the purpose, to give you an idea without having to calculate the flow you need to reach a certain power and then going to the turbo maps to see if it works. It's better than being completely clueless as to what a PSI bump would do.

For example, the stock turbo is supposed to be at about 17 PSI. Going by the rule of thumb for a smaller or normal turbo, 17*8 is 136 HP and 17*10 is 170 HP, putting the base engine between 140-174 HP. That is appropriate for a 2.3L engine.

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Thanks for all the uplifting news!! Reading these posts is better than goin to church :hail: lol

Based on what your'e seeing so far what do you think an Ecoboost PP with a ford racing cat back (which you helped me get), JLT CAI and a BAMA tune will be able to put down on the track with the stock wheels??
Anytime! Without having tested the catback on the EB I don't want to stick my foot in my mouth but this car is incredibly responsive to some subtle tweaks. Paired with the CAI, Catback, and a downpipe there's no doubt in my mind that it's going to make over 300hp.

To really take advantage of that Turbo with a tune, you need:

1. BoV
  2. WasteGate
  3. Larger Down Pipe
  4. Larger Intercooler
  5. Larger throttle body
  6. Ported manifold
  7. CAI
  8. Delete cats
  9. Tune
  10. larger Injectors
  11. better fuel pump
This package will bring you close to 400 RWHP.
All of this! Thanks Z ^^BOV's, Wastegates, DP's, Intercoolers, are all in line and we're working on getting them here. I'd like to personally see throttle bodies as well. There's at least one ported manifold out there for the Focus ST and I'm sure they're going to have something from the EB in time :eyebulge:Ditching the cats as well (Race DownPipe/Non-Res Downpipe) will let the car breathe that much more effectively as well.

Yea I would probably just get a GT before I did all that. What I really meant is put down on the street since, I most likely won't be taking this car to the track
Having driven our EB extensively with just the Track tune some if not a few of the aforementioned mods are going to wake this car up! CAI,C Catback, Downpipe is all I think it's going to need to be really, really entertaining on the streets! Hope this helps Eco!

Alex

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
As someone who has them both (actually more), I can tell you each one (Boosted 4 banger and NA V8) has it's own characteristics and fun.

The best one is to put TT on a V8. You can run it like a NA V8 or like a monster V8 ;) But you really need to beef up the rear end, Tranny and etc. Gets expensive very fast.

Ot just buy a GT500 and be done with it. :D

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
All of this! Thanks Z ^^BOV's, Wastegates, DP's, Intercoolers, are all in line and we're working on getting them here. I'd like to personally see throttle bodies as well. There's at least one ported manifold out there for the Focus ST and I'm sure they're going to have something from the EB in time :eyebulge:Ditching the cats as well (Race DownPipe/Non-Res Downpipe) will let the car breathe that much more effectively as well.

Alex
Alex, once complete, you'll have a great car. Just make sure the fuel system is right and rich.

When all the restrictions are removed, it'll be a different car. It will actually run much cooler too.
Word of caution on bigger TB. I might remove that suggestion and stay with factory TB. TB is a sensitive issue that messes up the whole computer system I made that mistake and I wish I never touched the TB. Put that for last.

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Tuner noobie questions, be gentle: I'm looking for something DD friendly. Is it easy/hard to switch back to stock tune(is that something I would really ever want to do)? Are the different /multiple "levels" of the tune? What about future "tweeks" to the tune(in general and if I added bolt on hardware)? Sounds like a tune is almost a must have to get the best performance out of the engine. Thanks!

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Alex, once complete, you'll have a great car. Just make sure the fuel system is right and rich.
Noted Sir! We're just beginning to tinker with the car along with Bama-It's going to get more power from here!

Tuner noobie questions, be gentle: I'm looking for something DD friendly. Is it easy/hard to switch back to stock tune(is that something I would really ever want to do)? Are the different /multiple "levels" of the tune? What about future "tweeks" to the tune(in general and if I added bolt on hardware)? Sounds like a tune is almost a must have to get the best performance out of the engine. Thanks!
Get your flamesuit!! :D The Bama X4/SF4 is where it's at! I've used one on my 08 for the past few years.

1. Incredibly easy to use-Plug it in, push a few buttons, tune loaded, unplug device and throw it in your glove box or under your seat.

2. Once you have it on the car you'll never want to go back to stock!

3. There are! With the 2015 EcoBoost Tunes Bama offers a Sport and Track tune. The sport is going to be geared as an every day tune+ Considerably improved drivabiltiy along with gobs of torque and horsepower. It's something you'd want to use daily. If you're feeling frisky the Track tune is where it's at! It would be much more aggressive and have more sensitive throttle response. This is like the equivalent of the Race tune on my '08-Touchy throttle and rips like a bat out of hell. Being said my Bullitt has a real tough time with the EB though!

4. One of the greatest aspects of purchasing a Bama Tuner is that you're instantly enrolled in their Free Tunes for Life program so if you're to pick up a CAI, a downpipe, or a catback, they'll get you a new tune for free!

Let me know if you have any questions and I hope this helps!

Alex

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Thanks! What is the process from switching from sport to track?

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! What is the process from switching from sport to track?
Anytime! As simple as plugging the device and pushing a couple buttons. It's easier than putting air in your tires!

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Anytime! As simple as plugging the device and pushing a couple buttons. It's easier than putting air in your tires!
Each of these counts as a new flash, right?

That's my only concern... Adding a CAI/IC/Exhaust is more of what I'd do while still under warranty.

Sponsored

ECOKN815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang LX Hatch T-Tops
Huge fan of Bama Tunes and AM! Question on why some dyno's are showing stock 260-270 HP (torque roughly the same) and others like Bama in the 250's? Thanks and keep up the awesome work!

Darkrune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO EB
Huge fan of Bama Tunes and AM! Question on why some dyno's are showing stock 260-270 HP (torque roughly the same) and others like Bama in the 250's? Thanks and keep up the awesome work!
Different dynos read a little bit differently. There are several types of dynos with several types of configurations. That is the short of it, anyhow. Two of the same manufactured dynos could read differently depending on how they were calbrated. What really matters is using the same dyno to get your baseline and improvments from.

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Each of these counts as a new flash, right?

That's my only concern... Adding a CAI/IC/Exhaust is more of what I'd do while still under warranty.
Sorry about the delay Neo-How exactly do you mean? Switching from one tune to another or installing a new part and getting a revision?

Thanks for the kind words I'll be sure to send your comments their way! As per the gains it's really dependent upon the transmission, type of dyno, fuel being used, sea level etc. Hope this helps!

Alex

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Hey Alex,

Seperate from the tune, but I was wondering if you guys are working on throwing together exhaust videos of the aftermarket products available for the Ecoboost? A lot of people are wanting to hear something better, but only a few have been made available.

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Hey Alex,

Seperate from the tune, but I was wondering if you guys are working on throwing together exhaust videos of the aftermarket products available for the Ecoboost? A lot of people are wanting to hear something better, but only a few have been made available.
Hey Cosmo,

We're definitely going to have a slew of videos on the EcoBoost and I'm pushing to get them on the car and shot as quickly as possible. Sorry about the delay!

Alex
Sponsored