Back-Up Camera for my 2008 Shelby GT500

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
I would really like a backup camera in my 2008 Shelby GT500. I don't want to swap out the radio, run a ton of wires etc. I found a unit on an internet search made by AUTO VOX that has a solar powered camera that fits on the rear license plate bracket and has a receiver that mounts on the dash powered by a 12Volt plug-in cord. It runs $139.95. Has anyone used this item? Am I wasting my money on this item? I only use it for car cruises, not daily driving.
Sponsored

wattman1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I have an AUTO VOX front & rear camera w/ front recording camera and rear digital mirror setup on my Ford Excursion that I am very happy with. My unit was missing a cable when shipped but I contacted customer service and despite being in China (ordered through Amazon), they were super helpful and responsive.

The instructions were a little difficult to follow, as it’s a bad English translation from Chinese, but was doable.

ive had the unit for over three years and super happy with it. If I were looking for a similar product to what you’ve described, I wouldn’t hesitate to go with AUTO VOX.

OP
OP
armytc

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
Thanks! I'm looking for a plug and play for limited usage.

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
I was going to suggest a lockpick but it seems no more.
Sponsored