B&O Play Premium Audio

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I pulled the plug on the back of the speaker so I didn't have to cut any wires. Of course that means you have to pull a side panel along with the aluminum strip across the front where the gauges or vents are. As long as you're careful and you get a good grip around where the clips are you shouldn't break anything. I've had mine off twice now and only lost one of the blue clips but since I work at Ford that was an easy fix. There are probably a few videos on YouTube that you can watch to see exactly how it's done. I converted my 9 speaker system to a Shaker system, all stock, and it sounds a lot better without the center speaker. Voice controls are still loud enough.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Don't remember seeing that setting, but maybe I remember wrong; will check next time I use the car. I only remember seeing the 3 bands (bass, mids, treble), the fader/balance 'box', and 'surround' and auto volume control.

You know, was replacing the brake and clutch 'pads' that activate the switches, and saw that maybe I can remove the connector and be able to install a switch without removing the trim. But need to take a photo of the connector to see which of the 2 green wires is the one I need to cut, since both are in the middle connector, and not on the rear, which the photo I have from another car shows.

CoachCan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Anyone know if there’s an available extra input to attach a front end cam so I can see on the touchscreen?

crheadog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT convertible, 2006 F-350 Amarillo,
So, tell me what speakers will give 5he best upgrade without going nuts with an amp or new head unit. I’m not advers to an amp as well as a sub. I just want something which gives clarity and sound that’s far more detailed.
There are several options. I've installed for 30 years, full and part time. And you can almost always hear a difference between stock and upgraded speakers unless you really buy cheap junk. Even when you pay extra for a premium stereo from a dealer that sounds pretty good, good to average speaker upgrades will help. Focal and Morrell or brands like this are great but also break the bank and should only be purchased for high end audio systems with a whole new upgrade of head unit and or DSP with new amp upgrade also. Otherwise it is a clear waste of money. There are several brands, for me and a stock stereo to a aftermarket speaker swap I have been using Harmon brand speakers as an all around good option. They don't kill you on price. JBL or Infinity brand. GTO line is the reasonable but still good option. Kappa's are more expensive, but still work well and give you a good option if you plan to upgrade and add more power down the road. There are also several brands comparable like Alpine, Fosgate, Kicker, Kenwood (many more)....The problem is many of these brands use other manufactures to make products for them so you can't always count on the quality and you don't know what you are getting sometimes with some of their lines? (just my experience.) If your super smart and handy you can get onto websites like Parts express and other websites like them and order fairly high end speakers made for cabinets and use them in your car. keeping in mind Ohms, crossovers, sensitivity. You can get some great deals on great sounding drivers. I have purchased drivers from Eminence and Peerless or even Dayton and installed in vehicles with sound quality rivaling the top brands. (This is obviously with a full system upgrade also.) But many of these drivers would also work with a stock stereo system and not break the bank.
Sponsored