AWE Touring

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I finally decided to ditch the Steeda Axle backs, I just never liked the sound of them much. They sounded good at lower rpm but got raspy with some rpm. So today I installed an AWE Touring catback. Oh my. It’s louder than I was expecting, but not bad at all.

It’s a much deeper tone than the Steeda was, from 2.5k-3.5k it almost has that 4.6 kind of sound, and when in the throttle it never gets any kind of raspiness. Overall I’m
much happier than I ever was with Steeda, and at highway speeds it’s quieter in the car too. Overall it was worth every penny.
64E16E5B-AB5F-4820-9328-3844B90C26C3.jpeg
Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I think AWE has the best sound.

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I think AWE has the best sound.
Agreed! Although, I heard the Borla S-type the other day and would have to say that that is definitely a close 2nd

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Agreed! Although, I heard the Borla S-type the other day and would have to say that that is definitely a close 2nd

S-types sound good, and that was a close second in my consideration. I looked at Corsa as well, I'm just not able to like the higher pitched sound.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
S-types sound good, and that was a close second in my consideration. I looked at Corsa as well, I'm just not able to like the higher pitched sound.
I actually had Corsa Xtremes, was great when stock, but when adding long tubes got too trumpety. A pair of Vibrants cleaned it up. I ended up cutting off the Corsa mufflers and Vibrants, but kept the double x and added AWE Touring rear section. By far my favorite combo so far on this car. Still screams up top, but more character in the lower rpms and still 0 drone.

Sponsored

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I actually had Corsa Xtremes, was great when stock, but when adding long tubes got too trumpety. A pair of Vibrants cleaned it up. I ended up cutting off the Corsa mufflers and Vibrants, but kept the double x and added AWE Touring rear section. By far my favorite combo so far on this car. Still screams up top, but more character in the lower rpms and still 0 drone.
Mine drones a little at the moment, But I had there touring system on my Focus ST too. It took about 1000 miles or so with that one to quiet down a little cruising. I'm betting this one will do the same. There is definitely a difference in sound when the pipes are cold and when they are hot.

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Got under the car today to check on an exhaust leak and found all the clamps leaking. Retightened, and actually torqued them to 60 ft lbs like awe recommends and it's quieter in the car. So apparently if you actually tighten the clamps and let the exhaust do all the work instead of leaking, it's quieter.. :facepalm:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
AWE is amazing. They don’t get enough love..

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Got under the car today to check on an exhaust leak and found all the clamps leaking. Retightened, and actually torqued them to 60 ft lbs like awe recommends and it's quieter in the car. So apparently if you actually tighten the clamps and let the exhaust do all the work instead of leaking, it's quieter.. :facepalm:
what were you having that prompted search for exhaust leak? Or was it very noticeable lol

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
what were you having that prompted search for exhaust leak? Or was it very noticeable lol
Got home from work and could hear a slight tick that wasn’t there before when pulling into my garage.
Sponsored