Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
So now that it finally is awaiting shipment, do I trust that there is nothing wrong with it....or cancel and reorder??
Other cars that have been held for production issues seem to have the same number of issues that un-held cars do. No more, no less.
Sponsored

mtorzews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
So lots of people are frustrated because they are told a date and ford doesn't come through on that date. Would it be better if we had no information until the day it arrives? That was how the old way worked. The delays and inconsistency have always been there but we previous buyers never knew it happened.

I don't think it is wrong to get frustrated. I will be too when my car ends up late but would it be better if we had no information?

OP
OP
whoishomer

whoishomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So lots of people are frustrated because they are told a date and ford doesn't come through on that date. Would it be better if we had no information until the day it arrives? That was how the old way worked. The delays and inconsistency have always been there but we previous buyers never knew it happened.

I don't think it is wrong to get frustrated. I will be too when my car ends up late but would it be better if we had no information?
I definitely think that would be better.

Having been told that my car would be here April 1st, checking in with Ford Service on March 27, and 30th being told the April 1st date. Checking with my dealer and being told my car was on the train and would be here shortly!! Then being told April 4th. Then being told my car hasn't actually shipped yet and has no ETA. Then being told that my car wasn't actually in the awaiting shipment stage and it was actually still in production, and having it stay in the production stage seemingly indefinitely. Then actually calling ford and being told that NO MUSTANGS ARE SHIPPING ANYWHERE. Then getting a call back from a manager and being told the guy that told me no mustangs were shipping just pulled that out of his ass and was lying to get me off the phone.

Now being told it sat in production for over a month because of a problem with the window sticker...they can't tell me what sort of problem it was, just that it was a problem. That really just sounds like more BS...its not like they haven't flat out lied to me before...

Yes I would say no information would be about 100x better then the BS information I've been provided.

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

Part of the problem is that places like Amazon.com have changed the way we buy things and the pressure is on for older industries to get in alignment.

The process of order processing, cascading the order to partners, and reporting to the customer has become so smooth over the last 10 years that nobody understands nor cares that there are several handoffs in the process. It just works.

In the car business, there is so much old technology still in use (trains, boats, trucks, etc.) and old fashioned paperwork. By trying to modernize and provide a system to keep the customer informed (note that COTUS is still not officially released yet) it has caused a conflict. It is this conflict that is upsetting. Over time these things smooth out but that does not help the people trying to find out now.

On the other hand it is almost inconceivable to think that some customers, after months of waiting, re-ordered their car and had it built and shipped before the original order. Not sure what is going on there but clearly there are some improvements that need to be made in the process as well as the way it gets reported.

OP
OP
whoishomer

whoishomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Other cars that have been held for production issues seem to have the same number of issues that un-held cars do. No more, no less.
So save any more time and just go with the first car?
Cotus updated to show an ETA of May 11th...not sure if I should believe it this time lol.

I suppose if it is correctish, it would definitely be faster then reordering at this point...

Sponsored

comagt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Has anyone's car for 4/13 or later shipped?

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
So save any more time and just go with the first car?
Cotus updated to show an ETA of May 11th...not sure if I should believe it this time lol.

I suppose if it is correctish, it would definitely be faster then reordering at this point...
If you are in a hurry I would have the dealer and FordService start looking for cars in inventory that as as close to what you ordered as possible.

If you can wait (which I know sucks, look at my sig) just hold on for the car you ordered and inspect it closely when it arrives.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I was in Awaiting Shipping up until yesterday. I did a refresh And it showed Delivered! Called the dealer. Not delivered. Sent email through Contact Us link at bottom of cotubs. Received the standard response on an incoming request. Meanwhile dealer called me back. They don't know diddly squat. Today cotubs is showing No Matching Vehicle. No information would be better. Eff the online systems. They are not even beta.

Stangalang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12gt
I am trying to be patient, but ford has given me several inaccurate delivery dates. Frustrating...don't tell me it's gonna be there on the 20th if it's not gonna be there on the 20th.

Update..car is at the dealer.

So 3/10 awaiting shipment and 4/22 delivered
Sponsored