Avalanche Grey vs. Magnetic Grey

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
First Post! Hey guys, I'm about to spec out my 2017 GT350 for order and I'm torn between Avalanche Grey and Magnetic Grey. Exterior option for both will include the black roof and black stripes. I'm leaning towards Magnetic Grey since it seems to have a more aggressive look but was hoping someone may have pics of the two side-by-side. All opinions are welcome!
Avalanche and Magnetic are exactly the colors I narrowed down when ordering. I choose Magnetic because the car looks like a sleeper. No flash just go! Either way you wont go wrong but IMO the Avalanche definitely stands out more.
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Love my Magnetic, at first, i thought that the black roof wouldn't pop out
with such a dark color, but to my surprise, people seem to notice it and like it.

I like not having stripes on the roof, it breaks the pattern.
I was going to get the black roof. It definitely stands out and matches the spoiler. I might vinyl wrap the roof later.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
I like both. I decided to go with Magnetic specifically because I didn't want it to stand out. I've owned cars that stood out in the past and they attracted too much attention. I ordered MG with black stripes and black roof.

If you want a car that stands out I think AG is definitely the color to get, especially with a black roof and black stripes to make it pop. It might also be a better color to get in the Southwest.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
After spending "glaring time" with furius' R in AG in person and the car washing restrictions we have here... if I could do it all over I would choose AG over the DIB that I got and I love Blue!

The Magnetic Grey was actually my 3rd choice after those 2 until I saw Triple Yellow (Spurs Fan) and Race Red (raiderjatt02). Then there's the Oxford White (krt22)! Oh crap, and my new favorite... Lighting Blue. Oh man!!! :doh::doh::doh:

I think for 2017 I would choose: Lighting Blue with AG a close 2nd, but that's just me. :cheers:
you are too kind, Chris. I drove my R to work today and learned a new word. I kid pulled up next to me at a light (in a smart car, no less) and starting tellkng me how great the car looked and sounded. He finished by telling me the my car looked completely 'wet!' I'm just assuming that's a good thing ;-)
But it does bring up an interesting point about AG...it can look very flat, particularly with a little dirt on it...and I like that. But when it's clean and with a little wax on it, it's got this distinctly wet / glossy look. I dig magnetic and it would have been my second choice...and I'd never seen AG when I ordered my R (the day the order banks opened)...and I'm very glad I chose it.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I have AG, but damn.. that's sexy.. Today, I say Magnetic... also, AG dirties pretty easily..

shane
Really? I've found it to be just the opposite and think it hides dirt a lot better than other colors. I'm coming from black, dark blue and other dark colors previously and that might be why I think that way.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I have AG, but damn.. that's sexy.. Today, I say Magnetic... also, AG dirties pretty easily..

shane

I went with magnetic, the color is so deep and it shines up like a diamond. Also hides dirt and body panel issues / cosmetic defects better than AG i think.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Mine is magnetic with black ott stripes like shown above, does anyone have a pic of a magnetic with or without black roof without ott stripes? I'm trying to decide if I want to remove my stripes or not.

Bob S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Package
Mine is magnetic with black ott stripes like shown above, does anyone have a pic of a magnetic with or without black roof without ott stripes? I'm trying to decide if I want to remove my stripes or not.
Here's my Magnetic Tech Pack car with no stripes or black roof.
IMG_0763.jpg
IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Bob, that looks awesome. My all magnetic car, no stipe (no black roof) is being delivered here in Lakeland FL around Aug 10th. Cant wait. Occasionally I go up to New Smyrna, nice place.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Here's my Magnetic Tech Pack car with no stripes or black roof.
If you don't want to do OTT stripes or black roof then Magnetic is the way to go IMO.

I love my AG, but I think it looks a bit too Vanilla without the black roof/stripes for my taste.

Bob S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Package
Bob, that looks awesome. My all magnetic car, no stipe (no black roof) is being delivered here in Lakeland FL around Aug 10th. Cant wait. Occasionally I go up to New Smyrna, nice place.
If you make it over to New Smyrna Beach with your new car, let me know and we can meet up!