WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I used to do pro level photography and have the Sony RX100 which is a great unit but to be absolutely honest the best point and shoot I have ever used is the Canon G16. It is a brilliant unit, not too expensive (sub $400) and the picture quality is outstanding. The RX100 is slightly better for video though.
Thanks [MENTION=25769]CasperGT[/MENTION], the G16 looks great - looks like it may have been discontinued though as its online presence seems to be quite scarce.
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I may have sounded a little negative, and to be honest I was admiring your ride with envy as we are still waiting for ours. Yeah, regardless of the richness aspects I would be happy to have thise pics too.

Again, I love your wheels! The rear wheel at this angle works so well with the body lines of the Stang. :first:
Haha all good, it doesn't worry me. All photog's have to start somewhere if they ask for my opinion I give it otherwise I'll let them learn. I assume they just batch processed these in LR.

I shoot with 5D III, the L holy trinity and a couple of non L primes. But admittedly I haven't taken them out in a while

[MENTION=7882]Drewbo[/MENTION] it really depends how much you want to spend, the RX100 is a great camera. I also love the new G7X mark ii but the price is getting up there for a point and shoot, it all comes down to ergonomics and how much you want to spend.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
For the most part, P&S = PoS.
The iPhone 6/SE cameras are very good with the exception of being wide angle and high aperture... what iPhone do you have? Maybe time to upgrade? :)

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
For the most part, P&S = PoS.
The iPhone 6/SE cameras are very good with the exception of being wide angle and high aperture... what iPhone do you have? Maybe time to upgrade? :)
I have a 6, but was hoping for something that would do a bit better and be tripod friendly.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
I have a 6, but was hoping for something that would do a bit better and be tripod friendly.
I'm about out of touch with P&S to be honest, but Sony I think is really showing up the bigger players in the market, great sensors that they're making for Nikon as well...

The Sony NEX range was pretty good, and I bought a Sony Alpha (one of the little ones, not a DSLR, but an interchangible lens) as a travel camera, and its awesome - I can hook up all the lenses I have from my Canon DSLR to it using a small adapter, and the image quality is really good... its a bit slower to focus and navigate the menu options, etc, but who cares, right? :)

The Canon G series (G15 especially) was 'da bomb' in the P&S market a few years back, but as you've found, its probably getting a bit long in the tooth, and I don't know what replaced it.

On the iPhone front, Manfrotto (and plenty of other cheaper guys) make a whole range of iPhone tripod/tripod mounting accessories - I think you can get a Gorillapod for iPhones these days too, they're an awesome alternative, just find a tree or a post or a chair!
</my2c>

Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Im by no means a photography person but from what I have heard from friends who are in the photo game, the Canon G7x Mkii is meant to be very good and cheaper than the Sony by a couple of hundred

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Haha all good, it doesn't worry me. All photog's have to start somewhere if they ask for my opinion I give it otherwise I'll let them learn. I assume they just batch processed these in LR.

I shoot with 5D III, the L holy trinity and a couple of non L primes. But admittedly I haven't taken them out in a while

[MENTION=7882]Drewbo[/MENTION] it really depends how much you want to spend, the RX100 is a great camera. I also love the new G7X mark ii but the price is getting up there for a point and shoot, it all comes down to ergonomics and how much you want to spend.
Thats awesome! I have a lot of respect for the 5D III. Is it the R or S version? I just recently sold up my studio. I ran Mola modifiers, Bowens heads and my studio camera was the Canon 1DX with L lenses. Now I just do photography for my own creativity and kept my Digital Leica for this. I cannot wait to introduce my camera to our Mustang when it arrives. Will be hitting all my fav haunts for backdrops to the Stang.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks [MENTION=25769]CasperGT[/MENTION], the G16 looks great - looks like it may have been discontinued though as its online presence seems to be quite scarce.
Oh Bugger! It is such an awsome unit too. Hey what ever you end up going for try a site topbuy.com.au I have brought some serious camera gear off them and never had any issues but their prices are very competitive. They are based in Sydney and while an online store you can actually ring and speak to people. Savings can be as much as 50% compared to some retail outlets. They are imports from Japan and Hong Kong direct so may have 3 month warranties not 12 but if the savings are good enough it may prove worth it.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Picked car up Yesterday.
Dealer did a great job.
Just need some time to go out and play.
Will be a fight with the wife as to who drives.:cheers:
That is a beautiful ride 5Boss :headbang:

Anchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
is your dealership selling those?
You can do anything with money. I organised this one myself, but we've fitted side scoops, genuine spoilers, exhausts, etc.

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Thats awesome! I have a lot of respect for the 5D III. Is it the R or S version? I just recently sold up my studio. I ran Mola modifiers, Bowens heads and my studio camera was the Canon 1DX with L lenses. Now I just do photography for my own creativity and kept my Digital Leica for this. I cannot wait to introduce my camera to our Mustang when it arrives. Will be hitting all my fav haunts for backdrops to the Stang.
Just the old 5D Mark III, its an amazing camera and a very expensive hobby. I think I might liquidate my collection and buy something more like a point and shoot or 4/3 etc.

The 1DX is an amazing camera, I tried to talk myself into 'needing' to upgrade but I'm glad I didn't haha. Looking forward to your pictures!

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Changed my hood stripes to these from RPI Design.
Pony Stripes 1.jpg
Pony Stripes 2 (1).jpg

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
Liking the hood spears Anne, and I see that you have had your front sensors installed.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Liking the hood spears Anne, and I see that you have had your front sensors installed.
Thanks Graeme, these ones look much better to me. Yep, front parking sensors done by dealer and my Pony is in there still waiting on the new windscreen (my original one got cracked by a rock on a country run). New one Ford sent had some issues with the black part where the rear view mirror goes. Factory fault, so another week for one to be sent over here. Miss my girl :(

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
Thanks Graeme, these ones look much better to me. Yep, front parking sensors done by dealer and my Pony is in there still waiting on the new windscreen (my original one got cracked by a rock on a country run). New one Ford sent had some issues with the black part where the rear view mirror goes. Factory fault, so another week for one to be sent over here. Miss my girl :(
Hope she is all repaired soon and back on the road.
Sponsored