OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
As the title says who is running a tune and what did you go for? happy etc?

Basically im finding my GT a little low in the power department and am looking at what mod path to take if any. I ultimately would love to drop a blower on but its more a dream than reality at the moment... My fear is I throw heaps of bolt on's at it and yes it is better but you end up spending 7-8k to make "slightly" more power and wish I saved that money and went straight to a blower...

SO Is tuning a stock exhaust, stock intake, car worth it? I did a air intake and tune on my last car (VF Redline) and it make a BIG difference, I know it with gain more with full exhaust etc etc...BUT If just a tune gives it a bit more I may do that just for now... Then begs the question which Tune?
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Daz, your post is quite timely.
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Lund tune any day now (as are two of my mates).
From what I read, they really do seem to be the best around.
Whatever you do, do NOT buy an SCT though, it will NOT work on the Aussie car. I've already confirmed this with the boys at Herrod Motorsport.
Lethal are having a sale on the Ngauge and Lund tune very shortly but [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] may price match?
Also, not sure which blower you might be looking at but you could always order the Whipple "tuner kit" which would mean you're not wasting money on the tune...
You'd miss out on the flight control software of course, but frankly, I don't see why you'd want to limit the fun in the first place :shrug:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
n/a a reg lund tune is fine, remote lund tuning we can do for power adder cars as well

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Another Aussie here. Fantastic that there's tuning options available from Lund/ Livernois to us, however I'll probably wait until the standard warranty period lapses as I'm fairly certain a tune will instantly wipe any possibility of future warranty claims if there's any issues?

Sponsored

OP
OP
OZDAZ5.0

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
We also offer tunes that will work on your 5.0, feel free to give us a PM and we can discuss it further if you'd like!!
Could you give an indication of what a tune would cost please? Auto GT in Australia :)

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Another Aussie here. Fantastic that there's tuning options available from Lund/ Livernois to us, however I'll probably wait until the standard warranty period lapses as I'm fairly certain a tune will instantly wipe any possibility of future warranty claims if there's any issues?
Yes but no.
From the mouth of a Ford engineer:
They need to prove that the mod/s you'be done are the cause.
An example. Ford have 10% of the GT's getting work done, under warranty, for a particular issue. If your car develops this same issue, you can argue quite easily that given the rate of failure, it's not entirely clear that your mods caused the issue... in fact, I'd argue the contrary. The car was gonna develop this issue regardless...
It really depends on what failed and probably just as importantly, your relationship with your dealer.
The easiest fix for problem dealers is this:
"You can either repair the car under warranty (at fords reduced labour/parts rates), OR, you get nothing, cos I'm walking out the door to find someone else to do it...and taking ALL of my future business there..."
They quickly get the idea that they eithermrepair at no actual cost to themselves,or they get nothing. Tends to sort things out pretty quickly. :lol:

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You will have to check your local laws, here in the US, they have to prove the tune caused your failure(Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act). In Australia it appears you do not have that same protection.
Sponsored