Sponsored

Audiophiles GITT please

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
Please tell me where I am going wrong. 2015 Mustang GT Limited Edition with premium sound system. Using i-phone 8 hooked up through the USB port so it will show the album art and info on the car's infotainment Sync screen as it plays music from my phone. Gracenote management is set to on, and also set read the info from my device. It does work, but about half the time it shows the album art of some other artist in the playlist. The name of the artist and song displays correctly, but the album art is pot luck and may have a cover of Five Finger Death Punch displayed for a a George Jones song. For what it's worth the phone display is always correct, but somehow the infotainment screen displays an incorrect album cover for the song it is playing. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Sometimes mine does this with Pandora, or at least it lags behind a little from the actual song that is playing. My Dodge Durango is even worse - way worse. For such a fancy looking stereo, it was clearly programmed by people who will never actually use it.

OP
OP
Humphammer

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After tinkering with my set-up for 30 minutes in the garage if I hit the next track button on the steering wheel anytime before the i-phone changes to the next song it works perfectly. All info including the album cover are correct. However if I don't hit the next track button and simply let the i-phone go to the next song the artist and song info changes and is correct, but the album cover will be the one used for the previous song , and the album cover will stay one song behind what is actually playing the rest of the playlist, or until I hit the next track button on the steering wheel again. I have done a hard clear on the Sync system but it did not help. If anyone has a suggestion I am all ears....otherwise the Gracenote feature is worthless as teets on a bore hog. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited:

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
if your album art is all set, I would turn off the Gracenote, I wouldnt get wrong art such as you, but I would get generic "studio" artwork until I shut off Gracenotes

Sponsored

OP
OP
Humphammer

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if your album art is all set, I would turn off the Gracenote, I wouldnt get wrong art such as you, but I would get generic "studio" artwork until I shut off Gracenotes
Thanks for your reply. I can play music from my i-phone via Bluetooth and accomplish that. It lists the artist and song title but does not display an album cover. It would be nice however to have the album cover display the correct album cover as it is supposed to do when hooking it up through the USB, but that may not be an option unless there is an update that addresses the problem or perhaps I figure out something that I am doing incorrectly. Thanks again for your reply.

OP
OP
Humphammer

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gracenote is a joke... crap doesn't work on any car that's had it in my history.
I am not really asking Gracenote to do anything. I am just trying to get the Sync system in my Mustang to read the phone info and display it properly. When using an i-pod and letting Gracenote determine the art work for each song (rather than having it read the i-pod info) it does a great job in displaying the proper album cover on any artist that are in its data base. Unfortunately it doesn't have art work for newer titles. For what it's worth when hooking up my i-phone on my wife's Mercedes E-350 it reads and displays the correct album covers and song info flawlessly. Thanks for your reply.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for your reply. I can play music from my i-phone via Bluetooth and accomplish that. It lists the artist and song title but does not display an album cover. It would be nice however to have the album cover display the correct album cover as it is supposed to do when hooking it up through the USB, but that may not be an option unless there is an update that addresses the problem or perhaps I figure out something that I am doing incorrectly. Thanks again for your reply.
as far as I know, iphones will not do artwork over bluetooth, when I had Android (specifically Galaxy S8) it would do artwork over bluetooth. do you have Sync 3? if so, are you not a fan of Car Play?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
2015 came with Sync 2 so unless he upgraded I doubt he has 3.

OP
OP
Humphammer

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not upgraded so I have what came on the 2015's. I have an i-phone 8 with 256 GB of memory that I use for my source. I have Spotify premium extreme since it downloads 320 kbps to my phone. I set the Spotify app to off-line when I use it in my cars or on the boat. It sounds great, close to CD quality, I can make my own playlists and it's much cheaper at 99 bucks a year than separate Sirrus/XM subscriptions for each vehicle. As long as I hit the next track button before the next song stars playing it works perfectly, but if I don't it will not change the album art on it's own. I don't know if it's something to do with the phone or the Sync system in the car....very odd. Thanks for your suggestion.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
2015 came with Sync 2 so unless he upgraded I doubt he has 3.
I know the 15's came with sync 2, I wasn't aware what year he had........lol because I failed to read where he clearly said he has a 2015, my bad
Sponsored

Last edited: