Sponsored

ATL area (good) qualified service techs

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Does anyone have any experience getting their oil changed around the Atlanta area? I'm fearful of most all dealerships, although I know there must some good ones out there. One of the reasons I installed the front splitter myself after delivery. I'm just over 3,000 miles and I feel It's time.
Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Does anyone have any experience getting their oil changed around the Atlanta area? I'm fearful of most all dealerships, although I know there must some good ones out there. One of the reasons I installed the front splitter myself after delivery. I'm just over 3,000 miles and I feel It's time.
I did the first oil change myself. It was not that bad and not messy at all if you take your time. So far my experience with the dealers around here has not been great. This next week I have an appointment to Nalley (first time there) for some warranty stuff. I will let you know how that goes.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I bought mine at Auto Nation Marietta and will have my first service encounter Saturday. They have been great to me so far. I will see if they can deal with CF wheels without damage shortly.

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm planning to give Angela Krause a try on Mansell right around 1k miles for the first oil change. Fingers crossed.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
I used Vigil Ford in Fayettevile for my first oil change and it went well. The vehicle was in a position the whole time where I could see what was happening with it.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Ryan Smith at Hardy Family Ford is pretty much exclusively who does work on my car that I can't do. He'll be doing the OPG and CG later this year on my GT.

I can change the oil on a GT350 in Alpharetta, though... that's easy. But so can he.

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
I used Vigil Ford in Fayettevile for my first oil change and it went well. The vehicle was in a position the whole time where I could see what was happening with it.
Don't get me started about Alan Vigil Ford and my recall nightmare. Had a good oil change experience, hence the reason why I let them do the recall.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Don't get me started about Alan Vigil Ford and my recall nightmare. Had a good oil change experience, hence the reason why I let them do the recall.
Please fill me in on those details. I need to have my oil line recall work done and am considering them for it.

elmn8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT-350 H0124 - Race Red
Can't go wrong with Justin @ Pioneer Ford west of town. He's the only one I will let work on mine...

Sponsored

Copyless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Race Red w/White OTT Stripes
I know you probably already changed your oil, but if not, or the next time, just grab your filter and oil when you have a little time to spare and I have a lift in my garage and we'll change your oil and then you don't have to worry about which dealer or anything.

I'll be honest, I would prefer to not ever have to leave my car at a dealership. Several years back, when that AutoNation Marietta was first moving across the street from where they were located and becoming Team Ford, I had bought a Saleen from them and they had comp'd the first svc. and offered me a great deal on the future ones, anyway, I went twice, but both times the mechanics would spend more time checking out the car then 5 oil changes would take, and even with a big glass window to see straight in the shop, and with my questioning to make sure they had the correct oil they were about to fill it with the first time, guess what, it was the wrong oil and they had to drain it a second time. So long story even longer, I prefer to do it, at least then I know it was done correctly.

Heck, I might as well tell another long story, I won't give any names, but, when I had my oil line recall done, (because it is a recall I let a dealer do it so it could be checked off the list). So, when it is done and time for the test drive, they know me so they have me drive the mechanic for the test drive, well the new oil line was not coupled so before I hit fourth gear, shifting about 7500 each time, I see nothing but smoke behind me, and my car gets towed back. Now, they get me a rental and correct the problem and do some cleaning on the car. So 4 or 5 days later I go back to get my car, remember now it got towed back so I made sure they removed the splitter before attempting to put it on the tow truck, everything looks fine so I get my car and head out. A couple of weeks later I go to wipe down the car before heading to the bank and something seems off, well it was literally off, my splitter was missing. I know it was there when I picked up the car but it apparently had just been placed there and not installed, because all 6 of the back screws were installed and none of the forward 8 were there and not one single piece scrubbed, ripped, torn or anything and I knew I had not hit anything. Anyway I have no luck at service departments ever, and prefer to stay away, they did buy me a new splitter for those that may wonder.

Anyway in case you did read this crazy long post, come over and we'll change it, if you want PM me or something.

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Anyway in case you did read this crazy long post, come over and we'll change it, if you want PM me or something.
Hey,
I might just take you up on that generous offer to help out changing the oil in my car. I really don't trust most all service techs for anything. That is the reason I didn't have them do anything to the car when it was delivered. Mainly, install the front splitter. It wasn't too bad of a job, read the instructions completely before starting and followed while doing the work. Took my time and now I don't have that to worry about. I picked up some oil last night at my local dealership (only $9.60 per qt.) and added oil for the first time, just 1 quart (now just below the top hole). I'll check again tonight after I get home from work and add more to bring to full if need be. Not bad at all with 3,599 miles on the clock.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hey,
I might just take you up on that generous offer to help out changing the oil in my car. I really don't trust most all service techs for anything. That is the reason I didn't have them do anything to the car when it was delivered. Mainly, install the front splitter. It wasn't too bad of a job, read the instructions completely before starting and followed while doing the work. Took my time and now I don't have that to worry about. I picked up some oil last night at my local dealership (only $9.60 per qt.) and added oil for the first time, just 1 quart (now just below the top hole). I'll check again tonight after I get home from work and add more to bring to full if need be. Not bad at all with 3,599 miles on the clock.
If the other poster is willing to help I would definitely take them up on that and change your own oil - especially if you were able to get the splitter installed - oil change is easier than that.

However - you only need to add oil if it's below the bottom hole.

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
If the other poster is willing to help I would definitely take them up on that and change your own oil - especially if you were able to get the splitter installed - oil change is easier than that.

However - you only need to add oil if it's below the bottom hole.
I'm for sure good to go then. I guess I got one that doesn't use 1qt per 1,000 miles. :cheers:

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I did the first oil change myself. It was not that bad and not messy at all if you take your time. So far my experience with the dealers around here has not been great. This next week I have an appointment to Nalley (first time there) for some warranty stuff. I will let you know how that goes.
I just wanted to share my experience with them as promised. After a bit of a rocky start they were great to deal with and addressed all my concerns/complaints. I will definitely use them again.
Sponsored