Sponsored

At a local dealership.........this arrived

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
The fact that Ford can't just toss on some black lug nuts to go with the PP wheels still always kills me.
How about the fact that you get black wheels with the PP/PP1, and you can get black wheels AND black badges with the Black Package, but you can't get both?

JR
Sponsored

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
Those internet prices are complete BS. Get that down. BS. I called the dealership, Sheehyfordspringfield.
The prices you see are for active military, college student, not counting 699 dealership ppwk fee and destination which is about $1,000. It took 10 minutes to get the truth. So, the car I was looking at which is listed as a "Sheehy Price" is $45,612, but wait, you need to add $1,000 destination + $500 + $500 +$699. PLUS sales tax. That's $2,699 more making the $48,311. Plus tax. That is seriously deceptive.
Yes, not the first time I've seen this. This is exactly why I believe 5000-5500 off is a reasonable expectation for a reasonably good deal on a $52,360 MSRP car. I have access to USAA (TrueCar) buying service; and they provide a nice statistical analysis that shows $5288 is a reasonable discount (including incentives) on my configuration in my Midwest region. Of course, this is all assuming the car is on the lot...and the local dealers are trying to convince me a "special order" deserves a higher price. My argument is a "guaranteed sale for an allocated order configured my way" is a benefit to the dealer that deserves a lower price for a customer willing to wait while freeing up the cars on the lot for those willing to pay more who don't want to wait.... ;-) A possible truth not coming out is that Ford may not allow dealerships to lock in rebates at time of order, so the dealers are effectively not giving me a price that includes rebates; but they are not giving me a "MSRP minus discount minus rebates at time of pick up" quote either...

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I have never noticed any blue metallic flakes in my shadow black GT. I've seen the colors used for the paint and didn't see anything close to metallic flakes. I could be wrong though... :shrug::shrug:
You would be wrong.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
The fact that Ford can't just toss on some black lug nuts to go with the PP wheels still always kills me.
That was my first "mod"- toss the chrome nuts in the garbage.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
You would be wrong.
So Shadow Black is metallic? Other models, it's not. When I ordered my Mustang, dealership had black and there were no blue flakes. I loved Ford's Tuxedo Black Metallic but was bummed when they stopped making that color. That's the color I had on my Focus ST and that did have blue flakes.

Sponsored

N9TMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550, e36 m3 , s2000
I don’t even pay 40k for it

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
So Shadow Black is metallic? Other models, it's not. When I ordered my Mustang, dealership had black and there were no blue flakes. I loved Ford's Tuxedo Black Metallic but was bummed when they stopped making that color. That's the color I had on my Focus ST and that did have blue flakes.
Shine a good flashlight in it up close, should be able to see the blue.