Asia Pacific 2015 Mustang w/ clear tail lights

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Import USA versions might be key....let's wait on the price surprises in our beloved :help: Euro !!
Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
The EU wheels....50 shades of grey or black ?

SaharaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Agreed, they should've left the red taillight lenses and just added bright Yellow LED's for Amber turn signals. Would've looked alot better.. Hopefully someone in the aftermarket will make those.
And ye, why not just put a Red bulb in the diffuser for the fog light and keep a fully white lense?

SaharaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE SPECIAL, THE FIRST 500 FORD MUSTANGS COME WITH:
• FASTBACK IN RACE RED OR CONVERTIBLE IN MAGNETIC SILVER • 5.0-LITRE V8 ENGINE OR 2.3-LITRE ECOBOOST ENGINE • PERFORMANCE PACK • 19” GT ALLOY WHEELS • LEATHER SPORTS SEATS WITH CLIMATE CONTROL • REVERSE PARK ASSIST TECHNOLOGY • TWELVE SPEAKER, 390-WATT SHAKER PRO AUDIO SYSTEM • ADVANCED SATELLITE NAVIGATION WITH 8” SCREEN • SPECIAL CUSTOMER DELIVERY PACK

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Special customer delivery pack... That is the 'paper certificate' they were bragging about? No 50th livery, no fancy grille... Just a round plastic 'has' cap...? (I do not think it looks good on the 6G)

Sponsored

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Instead doing the needful to allow outer lights switching to orange when indicating turn, they just fit clear plastic covers. And all this with LED which allows to comply EU specs although the tail-lights bulb covers could be red.)
Dude, this could be way worse. This is literally the easiest fix you could possibly do on a car. Painting the taillights red from clear is no biggie at all. That is what everyone is doing with the new GT86/ FRS here in the states.

Super easy dude!

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Irritatingly I believe yellow turn lights behind red glass is legal up here (NOT part of EU - but we get stuck with the same cap anyways - latest, no req to have rear lights on... That works well in dusk, fog and blizzards when you are used to the car doing that by itself!)

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
well, to use polite speech:
when Ford annouced, they would officially bring the Mustang to Europa, i was expecting a package in original manufacturer Quality
what we are seeing above is, what a bottom-drawer (not top-drawer) indipended importer would offer us (or was offering us up to now)
this much about the Quality of the conversion to euro-spec...
next: absolutely no info about the dealer and Service Network
they way the handle this Project is very similar to the way such Projects were handled in communist-countries in the last century...

glad to say: we are living in the free world and even more: world class bench mark products with top dealer and Service Networks are just around the Corner

Long Story short: if they wanna sell, they gotta try harder. much harder...

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Hey C00KIE! The trouble is not that, sure, I may paint them, but they will not be lighting unless I switch on the warnings...! Here at Europe only the center and inner taillights will be active when the night lights are activated or while braking. This is what let me down (well, frankly speaking, in fact it piss me off!)

Further, in most countries here (mine is the case) only very slight modifications and fixtures are permitted out of the official specs. Alteration of elements regarding visibility of the car is one of those barred. Otherwise, you face severe traffic penalties and the car shall not pass the mandatory technical inspections (every two years until vehicles are aged 8 years, then, yearly)

Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hey C00KIE! The trouble is not that, sure, I may paint them, but they will not be lighting unless I switch on the warnings...! Here at Europe only the center and inner taillights will be active when the night lights are activated or where braking. This is what let me down (well, frankly speaking, in fact it piss me off!)

Further, in most countries here (mine is the case) only very slight modifications and fixtures are permitted out of the official specs. Alteration of elements regarding visibility of the car is one of those barred. Otherwise, you face severe traffic penalties and the car shall not pass the mandatory technical inspections (every two years until vehicles are aged 8 years, then, yearly)
what is even worse:
such alterations are illegal and are voiding your insurance.
and driving a car without insurance cover will cost you lots of Money (as Long as nothing has happened except the cops notice it), but i can easily ruin you in case of an accident...

and: hey: we are not intending to Import a 20 year old run down, low budget muscle car and now start struggling to fix it as cheap as possible
Ford promised a world class product with heritage.
And it was Ford who told us, the signature tri bar tail lights are part of Mustang heritage...
try harder and deliver the real thing

SaharaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Dude, this could be way worse. This is literally the easiest fix you could possibly do on a car. Painting the taillights red from clear is no biggie at all. That is what everyone is doing with the new GT86/ FRS here in the states.

Super easy dude!

Painting the taillights is no big deal (unless forbidden by your country). but the fact that youll still only have 2 of the 3 lights is what ruins it. I think we all want the iconic 3 bars, not 2 and an indicator

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
yup...

and there's really no reason why they wouldn't give it to us except laziness... I'm pretty sure they could've fitted both yellow and red LEDS back there... bad enough we lose the neat sequential turn indicator... but this! *grumble*

Oh, and just to add - up here in the crazy North the price of this car is expected to fall neatly into BMW 4x and Porsche Cayman/Boxster territory... Wanna bet one of those is a better car? Not to mention the Tesla S which WILL be cheaper up here... none of these are Mustangs though :(

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Fully agree, sure! Those three bars lighting simultaneosly is core to the Mustang essence. If Led's allow full compliance of the Euro specifications just making the outer bar switching to orange when turning (as other OEM's do) why not to do it?? Guess is so expensive it would ruin profitability of the project? Please, it is possible that making the appropriate adjustments to the ECU units in the supply chain is even cheaper than hiring a different product to the tiers which supply the tail lights.

What's going to be nex, to struck the horse off of the front grill??

Moreover, as McLane has well pointed out, painting the tail lights yourself will imply also anullment of insurance coverage.

Shredicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E92 M3

Super easy dude!
lol thats an aftermarket light on the driver's side man

Sponsored