Sponsored

Arizona Dyno shop told me not to do Ford Performance tune

paul_g

Absolute tom foolery and worthless drivel. First off, the FP Tune is awesome. I had it on my EB... Totally changed the throttle response, tunes the transmission shift points, makes "S" mode loads of fun and adds a fair amount of power through the curve. This has already been proven by a few folks on you tube who have done dyno before/after FP tune.

Secondly, no one in AZ can install it? BS! Don't know where in AZ you are, but the dealership near me has a special accessories department and they are authorized to do Roush 1,2 & 3 builds, and tune all the ST's, RS's. They did an awesome job on my EB and I went back for other mods.

The FP tune is night and day compared to stock tune and you will see noticeable gains. They are also wrong about remote geo located tuners... It's called data logging. You send them parameters doing some pulls from stock tune and they tweak those parameters in their tune. Yes, if you chose and over zealous tuner you run risk. If you are risk adverse, but want to take the blanket off your engine, FP is the right choice.

Here are the typical things that will make a swift and immediate impact on your EB:

- Tune / CAI (or utilize the stock airbox and drop in a K&N filter). Many have seen better results with the drop-in filter.
- Larger Intercooler. In AZ you're going to get heat soak... A larger intercooler, or anything but the stock one will be a major improvement
- If you want to change the tone and open more flow, you could do a cat-back exhaust, negotiable in gains...
- UPR Catch Can - While not a performance mod, one that keep your valves cleaner...

Important: Understand the mod you are about to do to do all the way through the entire system and what effects it will have down stream. Meaning, if I change out "A", what will "A" effect and do those components need to be changed. This is why I liked the FP tune... Not too much downstream thought into it.

Also understand what mods require a tune, better yet, understand what mods aren't required given the tune you have. Meaning, if you change "A", and the ECU parameter doesn't care and doesn't make a value change, then adding mod "A" was useless. That's why Cobb has stage 1,2 &3.
Sponsored