Sponsored

Are you guys interested in a Mach E review from a 2020 GT500 owner?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I know this is a 2020+ GT500 forum and not sure if this is bueño or not, but I got to take a Mach E home for 3 days... it tried to kill me 3 times! Here is my review, including the footage I was shooting when the “autopilot” tried to take me off-road into obstacles:
Guess I should say thanks . . . if I needed yet another reason to not want an electric SUV, you've sure provided a humdinger.

With only a few exceptions, 1:07:xx is at least 60 minutes longer than I'm likely to spend watching anybody's video. And that's not counting any replay or pause time while I try to fully digest the material (something that's much easier to do when reading text).

Norm
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I thought the video was well done... a lot of editing went into that one. I also liked the vintage 1964 1/2 Mustang commercial voice-overs... nice touch.

I despise electric vehicles... but I did enjoy your review. I will never experienced this type of vehicle without a bloody fight, but I have been curious as to what the "Mustang" coal powered cars are actually like.
Thanks Tim... I enjoyed your content and your effort..!
Good Job on the video...!!!!!

Last edited:

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Such hate....super disappointing.

I found the Mach E to be one of fords better/best put together vehicles, leaps and bounds ahead of my Mustang. It was nice to drive, like most electric vehicles are....The tech is cool and it will only get better. It’s not the same as my Mustang, but I wasn’t expecting it to be either. They don’t have “autopilot” yet so perhaps you thinking it did led to some of the scary moments. The hand free driving is coming in Q3 2021 supposedly. Right now it is just lane centering.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
I thought the video was well done... a lot of editing went into that one. I also liked the vintage 1964 1/2 Mustang commercial voice-overs... nice touch.

I despise electric vehicles... but I did enjoy your review. I will never experienced this type of vehicle without a bloody fight, but I have been curious as to what the "Mustang" coal powered cars are actually like.
Thanks Tim... I enjoyed your content and your effort..!
Good Job on the video...!!!!!
Thanks Dave! I appreciate the kind words. A lot of time/effort went into editing this. I didn’t want to just slap-up raw footage.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Your wife is the real trooper.... mine would have never put up with me trying to do that and have her involved!
She's a Keeper.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Your wife is the real trooper.... mine would have never put up with me trying to do that and have her involved!
She's a Keeper.
Thank you!

I laughed at her response when I told her there is another Mustang in the garage. 😆

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Thanks Dave! I appreciate the kind words. A lot of time/effort went into editing this. I didn’t want to just slap-up raw footage.
I finally did get around to watching a minute or so at a time here and there. What I did watch was definitely worth the time spent, so thanks.

I specifically watched the "it tried to kill you" sections, and I'm surprised that the system even made it to a beta-testing stage like that. Just too many flaws, and I really couldn't have asked for a clearer presentation of what can go wrong. Turns out there are stretches of road I commonly encounter that resemble those in your video (my lane change situation might have more severe consequences sans driver intervention, though).

Perhaps if it had been broken up into more bite-size segments it'd be easier for people to home in on what they were most interested in first and go for any of the rest later if further interest was piqued. For me, the top-interest stuff for a car review is always going to be about the actual driving.

Norm

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I finally did get around to watching a minute or so at a time here and there. What I did watch was definitely worth the time spent, so thanks.

I specifically watched the "it tried to kill you" sections, and I'm surprised that the system even made it to a beta-testing stage like that. Just too many flaws, and I really couldn't have asked for a clearer presentation of what can go wrong. Turns out there are stretches of road I commonly encounter that resemble those in your video (my lane change situation might have more severe consequences sans driver intervention, though).

Perhaps if it had been broken up into more bite-size segments it'd be easier for people to home in on what they were most interested in first and go for any of the rest later if further interest was piqued. For me, the top-interest stuff for a car review is always going to be about the actual driving.

Norm
Thanks Norm!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The rest of the story.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I watched most of the video. My wife's SUV is getting a bit tired (2007 Saturn Vue with 140k miles) and hard to get parts for. So the Mach E is something I am particularly interested in. So thanks for the video tour.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I watched most of the video. My wife's SUV is getting a bit tired (2007 Saturn Vue with 140k miles) and hard to get parts for. So the Mach E is something I am particularly interested in. So thanks for the video tour.
Thank you!

I just wrote a massive check for improving our back yard, so I foresee the wife in a 2022 Mach E at this point. It’s one hell of a vehicle!
Sponsored