Sponsored

Are you considering other cars besides the 2015 Mustang?

Will you cross-shop the 2015 Mustang?

• Total voters

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I went to the Nc Autoexpo today. They had a red 2015 Mustang GT on display at the Ford section. This was my first time seeing it in person. It looked amazing. I can't wait until they are on sale. My first Mustang.. Time to scratch it off of my bucket list.
Sponsored

eurospeed

Threads
Reaction score
On the list:
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP - if weight is reasonable, this will likely be it
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - depends on weight and gadget overload
2016 Nissan Z - two seater will be a hard sell for me, but if performance is amazing we shall see...
2015 BMW M2 - not holding my breath as the M235i is already a disappointment at nearly 3600 lb and $44K base

Off the list:
2014 FR-S/BRZ - already owned one; very poor manufacturing quality
2015 WRX - horrendous econobox styling
2015 WRX STI - no engine update with laughable styling
2014 BMW M235i
2015 VW GTI or Golf R - I've been a big VW fan, but their decision to only offer 4 doors in the US is ridiculous...

Typhoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' Typhoon, 16' WRX
2015 VW GTI or Golf R - I've been a big VW fan, but their decision to only offer 4 doors in the US is ridiculous...
Golf R isn't even coming to the US this model year. I wish they would bring the damn Scirocco R or Polo R over here. But will never happen. We also dont get an RS4 this model year either (kinda had my heart set on a RS4 Avant):thumbdown:

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
My list that I will seriously consider.. I really need a newer car in the next year and it really needs to be four doors. I'm Mr responsibility so I may do something stupid for once and buy a stang.

S550- waiting until 2016 if I buy. I'm betting a new drivetrain is in the works
S550 Gt350- would buy in 2015
ATS-V - twin Turbo V6
Buick GNX (same car as ATS-V but cheaper)

The long shots...

2014 Evo - probably won't buy due to the fact Mitsubishi may not be around
2015 STI- Was on the list and is now off the list (same engine/ridiculous wing)
2016 Camaro - probably will be another hideous design but it will be beast mode. Probably put the stang in the dirt if Ford doesn't have a new drivetrain. It will be so ugly I won't buy, however.

Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
The 2015 STI looks like a Honda Civic.
Its so bad it isnt even funny. I've heard that Subaru has joked in the past that they dont have designers to save money and put that money back into the cars. I dont know if thats true or not but the current car is laughable, especially in light of the concept they showed...Im an older guy and I literally CANT buy the car because of the wing. I cant take clients and others out in it.

In addition there is NO excuse to put the same engine in the car that has suffered so many ringland issues. With equal length headers (no boxer sound), same ancient engine and awful design what is the draw for this car. They completely messed up with the 2015.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Keeping my options open at this point, particularly since 2015 would make for a much shorter buying cycle for me than average.

So far, other possibilities include the Camaro 1LE and a Pro-Touring build of some sort.

Norm

FireDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma / 2012 HD Fatboy Lo
Haven't decided yet. Waiting so see what the competition brings. The S550 didn't wow me like I hoped it would, but I still like it. Going to pay my truck off first, so I'm looking at picking up something in two years.

Considering:
-2017 S550 S/E
-2017 Camaro
-2017 Challenger
-Used/leftover Stingray
-Used 2014 GT500

Figure by then all the comparisons will be made and there should be a decent aftermarket for upgrades for all the models.

Diver Down

Threads
Reaction score
Decided to go with the Stingray Z51

After looking at the 2015 Mustang GT and other muscle/sports cars I decided to go with the Corvette Stingray. I don't like the old Corvettes. I think they are dated and dingy. But...after reading more about the 2014 Stingray from independent sources I find that this car is absolutely stunning in performance, speed and design. If you ever see one in person you will instantly see why. The downside is that I'll be paying 50% more in price than a loaded a mustang GT which is more than I wanted to spend. But the sheer technology of the car insures premium handling and it will outperform the Shelby on a course with twists and turns. It sticks the turns and comes out so cleanly and it has a 50/50 weight balance front/back. The torque is higher than the HP at around 460 so it just jumps from the line. I plan on getting an arctic white with carbon flash side mirrors and spoiler.

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Stingray = $70k
Mustang + $30k upgrade = Stingray killer?

Diver Down

Threads
Reaction score
Stingray = $70k
Mustang + $30k upgrade = Stingray killer?
Perhaps...but the technology in the Stingray is something you have to put in during production. It's an integral part of the car and it adjusts instantly depending the turn, wheels, steering etc. I just don't know how you'd be able to duplicate that with a Mustang. Also, you can have a $59k Stingray (pre-tax) if you just opt for the 1LT package (basic interior with leather seats) and opt for the Z51 performance package and performance exhaust option. This car is just so low to the ground and has 19" wheels in the front and 20" in the back that it just sticks to the road. I will link a video of the C7 vs the Shelby...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
This car is just so low to the ground and has 19" wheels in the front and 20" in the back that it just sticks to the road.
(It's not the wheel diameters that make it stick to the road)

Norm
Sponsored