Sponsored

Are my Steeda Progressive springs supposed to drop the car this much?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
here's mine on 285/35/19's (ecoboost though) but its 1.15 drop front, and 1 in back (but I have a subwoofer, 40 lbs or so, and like 50lbs of dynamat) so rear is a hair lower than should be.

black pic was 255/40/19 on the drop
then silver is 285/35/19

IMG_0376.jpeg

IMG_7927.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
SonicBlur

SonicBlur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
This is the best pic I have at the moment. As you can see, no gap at all.

20210418_112003.jpg

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
This is the best pic I have at the moment. As you can see, no gap at all.

20210418_112003.jpg
Appears to me that those are the wrong springs for a GT. I’ve never seen no gap like that on a GT unless someone was running coilovers or air ride. What dampers are you running up front?

OP
OP
SonicBlur

SonicBlur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Appears to me that those are the wrong springs for a GT. I’ve never seen no gap like that on a GT unless someone was running coilovers or air ride. What dampers are you running up front?
Factory everything else.

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
I have some unknown blue springs on my gt. I added 25mm spacers, my wheels aren't stamped but I think (measured) they are 20x8.5 50 offset. 255/40/20 on the front.

Anyways oddly enough I have the same problem you do. I can barely fit a finger gap on the drivers side but on passenger I have almost 2 fingers lol.

I havent driven yet with the spacers since I'm waiting for some parts but I suspect the driver was side will rub like yours does which is a bummer.

Sponsored

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
Factory everything else.
I can’t imagine that even if the stock struts were totally blown out that at the front would drop that much. My educated guess is the springs. Tough call on your part on what you want to do.

OP
OP
SonicBlur

SonicBlur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just wanted to send a quick update. Tim and Jamie at Steeda helped me a lot with this. Ultimately I installed the camber plates and some parts of the ride height lift kit as well. Essentially I shimmed the camber plate and to my utter enjoyment, IT WORKED!

I have an alignment scheduled for 5/26 to finally button it all up but it's nice to finally be able to drive my car again! I still have no idea what the root cause of the issue actually is but it's resolved and that's all I care about.

OP
OP
SonicBlur

SonicBlur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have some unknown blue springs on my gt. I added 25mm spacers, my wheels aren't stamped but I think (measured) they are 20x8.5 50 offset. 255/40/20 on the front.

Anyways oddly enough I have the same problem you do. I can barely fit a finger gap on the drivers side but on passenger I have almost 2 fingers lol.

I havent driven yet with the spacers since I'm waiting for some parts but I suspect the driver was side will rub like yours does which is a bummer.
I ended up using the Steeda ride height lift kit which is essentially a shim kit for the struts. It did exactly what I needed!

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
I ended up using the Steeda ride height lift kit which is essentially a shim kit for the struts. It did exactly what I needed!
So you just used the shims on one side?