Sponsored

Are Bilstein B6 shocks/struts + GT350R springs a good match?

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
I installed B6 rear shocks and Steeda billet shock mounts on my ‘19 PP1 to get rid of the dreaded rear bounce. Mission accomplished. Now, I’ve been reading that GT350R springs are about as minimal a drop as they come. Lowering the car is not the priority, but I desire better handling. So, I’ve been thinking about replacing the front struts with B6 units to match the rears. Are these shocks/struts a good match with GT350R springs? Feedback from those who have this combo would be appreciated.

Additionally, I’ve also been considering the 1.5” Steeda front sway bar. Is this too much bar?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I installed B6 rear shocks and Steeda billet shock mounts on my ‘19 PP1 to get rid of the dreaded rear bounce. Mission accomplished. Now, I’ve been reading that GT350R springs are about as minimal a drop as they come. Lowering the car is not the priority, but I desire better handling. So, I’ve been thinking about replacing the front struts with B6 units to match the rears. Are these shocks/struts a good match with GT350R springs? Feedback from those who have this combo would be appreciated.

Additionally, I’ve also been considering the 1.5” Steeda front sway bar. Is this too much bar?

Thanks in advance.
This is the bar I would recommend, it is used on our # 20 car and will work great with the GT350 R springs.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-front-sway-bar-2015-555-1015.html

Steeda Tech

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
IIRC, the GT350 springs have less drop than the GT350R and are just slightly less stiff. The GT350R sway bar is a nice match either way.
Sponsored