Sponsored

APR vs. Steeda PP Splitter

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
After reading a ton of threads and watching a few videos I can not make up my mind on this. The Steeda looks like an easy install. Remove the stock PP belly pan and install the Steeda splitter. The APR requires the front bumper/grill to be removed, needs holes drilled and rods mounted and keeps the stock belly pan. It looks like neither takes advantage of the cooling ducts and deflectors the PP provides. If anyone can answer the following questions I would be grateful.

1. Does the either the APR or Steeda unit have cut-outs for the PP ducts or deflectors?
2. Could you simply remove the PP belly pan, use it as a template for drilling bolt holes in the APR unit and install the splitter with out removing the bumper or reinstalling the PP belly pan?
3. With the PP belly pan removed can you reach up inside to install nuts on the support rods w/o removing the bumper for either the APR or Steeda unit? (I know Steeda does not come with strut rods, so I would get some from Longacre)

TIA
Sponsored

OP
OP
tom_sprecher

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Also does anyone know what the Steeda splitter is made of?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Steeda is made of plastic. Strut rods are not necessary on it. Doesn't come out that far.

As for the brake ducts... don't know.
Sponsored