Sponsored

Anyway to turn OFF panic button on remote?

Jonny50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When I have my keys in my pocket, the panic button on the remote always seems to get pressed and set the alarm off. So then I have to get into the car and press start to get it to turn off. Kind of annoying.

Maybe my jeans are too tight
Sponsored

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
There's a writeup on here from someone but basically the only way I've seen is to put a small washer in the fob that helps prevent the button from being pushed at all. I used to set mine off a lot and it just got annoying so I stuck a washer in mine.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I bought a couple of vinyl fob sleeves recommended by another forum member. One in bright yellow to match my car and another in bright red. The fob buttons are thus recessed and never fire off by accident even when I accidentally sit on them.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Is been 7 months with my car, and I have yet to accidentally press the panic button. also, why do you have to get inside the car, you should be able to stop the panic from the remote itself.

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It has happened to me a couple of times and I a agree that it is annoying. You dont have to get in and press the start button to stop it, just press the panic button again.
There is a thread on here somewhere on key fob covers that help it not press buttons accidentally.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jonny50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There's a writeup on here from someone but basically the only way I've seen is to put a small washer in the fob that helps prevent the button from being pushed at all. I used to set mine off a lot and it just got annoying so I stuck a washer in mine.
thanks or the info, i'll check into the options mentioned.

In response to turning off alarm after set, I've tried to press the button again from FOB and it didn't turn off.
I also tried pressing unlock and just about every other combination of buttons, but always eventually have to get in car and press start button.

-J

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
You should try both fobs. I know I just turned mined off a few hours ago with the fob when I tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Jonny50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You should try both fobs. I know I just turned mined off a few hours ago with the fob when I tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll give it a shot.
Last time wast a 6AM, Ohhh man the neighbors are gonna love me, frantically pressing all the buttons.

I'll try to set it off on purpose and try turn it off
Sponsored