RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I've been waiting impatiently for Cobb to add support for the Active Exhaust cars. They tell me they are still trying to find someone with an active exhaust car that they can test the tune on. I'd do it, but that would be a 4 day round trip, and I can't really do that. So if anyone near Austin has a 2019 EB with Active Exhaust, you should get in touch with Cobb ASAP.
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I've been waiting impatiently for Cobb to add support for the Active Exhaust cars. They tell me they are still trying to find someone with an active exhaust car that they can test the tune on. I'd do it, but that would be a 4 day round trip, and I can't really do that. So if anyone near Austin has a 2019 EB with Active Exhaust, you should get in touch with Cobb ASAP.
Does this pertain to 2018 EcoBoost upgraded to Active Exhaust also? I am Cobb tuned and I was thinking about retrofitting to the Active Exhaust since I have the plug that makes it easy. But I wont be doing that if I have to remove my tune to do so.

OP
OP
RichBrew

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Does this pertain to 2018 EcoBoost upgraded to Active Exhaust also? I am Cobb tuned and I was thinking about retrofitting to the Active Exhaust since I have the plug that makes it easy. But I wont be doing that if I have to remove my tune to do so.
No idea. I don't know the technical details of how Cobb detects the AE cars. Though I've contemplated using FORScan to turn off the AE flag, and see if the tune will install, and then turn it back on. I expect that has a good chance of working, but no idea if it would cause any problems. If it does cause a problem, I have no idea what possible engine damage could be done, so I've been hesitant to try.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I too am waiting for support for my active exhaust EB 'stand. I asked Cobb and they replied "There are differences. Specifically in regards to the added back pressure when the exhaust is closed. The active exhaust cars have different ROM files as well that we would need to add in."

OP
OP
RichBrew

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I too am waiting for support for my active exhaust EB 'stand. I asked Cobb and they replied "There are differences. Specifically in regards to the added back pressure when the exhaust is closed. The active exhaust cars have different ROM files as well that we would need to add in."
They told me something similar, but I'm not sure I believe that completely. Part of the reason the exhaust is 'active' is so that the valves open/close dynamically based on RPM. On the factory tune, I wouldn't expect a change in performance based on the exhaust mode chosen. Also, if you can just enable the active exhaust function with only a FORScan flag (as shown by folks who have done a retrofit,) then I'm not convinced that there are different ROMs.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
They told me something similar, but I'm not sure I believe that completely. Part of the reason the exhaust is 'active' is so that the valves open/close dynamically based on RPM. On the factory tune, I wouldn't expect a change in performance based on the exhaust mode chosen. Also, if you can just enable the active exhaust function with only a FORScan flag (as shown by folks who have done a retrofit,) then I'm not convinced that there are different ROMs.
That is a valid point! From everything I've read on the retrofit, it is fully functional and there seems to be no difference in performance between a 2018 EcoBoost AE retrofit vs a 2019 EcoBoost AE factory. This is assuming of course that the retrofitted 2018 went with a Y-Pipe or equivalent like the 2019.
Sponsored