Anyone us pet dryers to dry the car?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was wondering if anyone uses one of those pet dryer to dry their car.

I have heard of this:
https://www.amazon.com/SHELANDY-professional-blaster-grooming-blower/dp/B077ZLV52K

They say you must have a 20 Amp outlet or it will pop the breaker. Not sure on the longevity. Is this still true for those expensive car dryers that you need to 20 A outlet or you need to run them with one motor off?

NOT INTERESTED IN THIS THREAD ON USING LEAF BLOWERS!

Thanks

Frank
Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red

I have heard of this:
https://www.amazon.com/SHELANDY-professional-blaster-grooming-blower/dp/B077ZLV52K

They say you must have a 20 Amp outlet or it will pop the breaker. Not sure on the longevity. Is this still true for those expensive car dryers that you need to 20 A outlet or you need to run them with one motor off?

Thanks

Frank
I have that brand though it looks like a different model (mine was listed as a pet/motorcycle dryer) and it works just fine - I added a longer hose and its mounted to my detailing cart and can get all the way around the car. It has replaced my leaf blower completely.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Blow dryer

I have this one for my cars and it uses a normal outlet and I've never had any issues.
Might have to note that the outlet power is different from US to EU

It has a filter so you won't blow small particles on your car and do a slow sandblasting.
I tried a couple of times to completely dry the car with the blower but it took long and it wasn't worth it.

Now when using it I blow off most of the water and out of the door handles, antenna, wing, grill, mirrors, etc. and afterwards I wipe over the car with a high GSM microfiber drying towel.

Also the treatment of your paint with coating, wax or sealer will have a huge impact on how effective the dryer will be

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Blow dryer

I have this one for my cars and it uses a normal outlet and I've never had any issues.
Might have to note that the outlet power is different from US to EU

It has a filter so you won't blow small particles on your car and do a slow sandblasting.
I tried a couple of times to completely dry the car with the blower but it took long and it wasn't worth it.

Now when using it I blow off most of the water and out of the door handles, antenna, wing, grill, mirrors, etc. and afterwards I wipe over the car with a high GSM microfiber drying towel.

Also the treatment of your paint with coating, wax or sealer will have a huge impact on how effective the dryer will be
do you know what the CFM is?

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
do you know what the CFM is?
I have no idea. But even though it can be adjusted in speed I have only used the highest speed setting - the lower setting doesn't make sense when using it as a car dryer

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

I have heard of this:

Thanks

Frank
It’s just a blower, the pet part is merchandising. Maybe check these out.
https://www.esotericcarcare.com/bigboi-dryers/?sort=featured&page=2

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase