Sponsored

Anyone try the Airaid 451-756 tube/filter and a tune on a 2018+?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I see that Airaid is now offering their junior panel filter with intake tube kit for the 2018's. Dyno chart on their website predictably doesn't show much gain but wondering what this plus a tune would give compared to the other CAI's out there...

https://www.airaid.com/search/product.aspx?prod=451-756
Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Honestly I would just switch out the filter and call it a day. Pull and clean up the carbon trap in upper part of box. Tuners for the most part agree the stock set up does the job as well if not better than any of the aftermarket. Should you decide to actually add any power via E85 tune then the stock box gives a nice clean maf reading.

If you like spending extra money to look cool then there are plenty of vendors to happily take your money. :).

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Definitely don't care about looks, I sure wouldn't be thinking about this setup if that was the case. But I do like to see numbers and am really more interested in the Airaid oil free filter plus tune, without the Airaid tube, than anything else.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Definitely don't care about looks, I sure wouldn't be thinking about this setup if that was the case. But I do like to see numbers and am really more interested in the Airaid oil free filter plus tune, without the Airaid tube, than anything else.
I run a dryflow aem filter. Any gains from an intake elbow would be tiny if any. Your tuning is where you see the biggest gains.

nate-roth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Honestly I would just switch out the filter and call it a day. Pull and clean up the carbon trap in upper part of box. Tuners for the most part agree the stock set up does the job as well if not better than any of the aftermarket. Should you decide to actually add any power via E85 tune then the stock box gives a nice clean maf reading.

If you like spending extra money to look cool then there are plenty of vendors to happily take your money. :).
Using the stock box with improved filter is my plan; however, most of the E85 bolt on 18-19' cars running high trap speeds mph's all seem to be running a jlt, steeda lid, or some CAI. They are also almost all using long tunes as well so it's hard to find real world data on stock box with panel filter vs aftermarket cai. I dont care about dyno numbers but the cars trapping well at the track are using CAI's in general

Sponsored

nate-roth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
To be clear- meant to say long tube headers. The good performing NA cars all have the same combo - obviously sticky tires, CAI, E85 with agressive tune, and long tube headers.

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT/2018 Mustang GT
I ordered the tube and filter from them but wound up returning it before installing it. I wasn't impressed with the tube itself. The stock tube seemed smoother. I kept the filter though. I cut off the air chamber on the bottom of the stock tube and epoxied a block off plate I made out of plastic. Did the same with the sound tube.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I’m running it on mine. The diameter is a little bigger than stock. Not much louder in the cabin with the sound tube. One thing I’ve always noticed with these sound tubes is they seem to give a bit better throttle response, maybe slightly more low end power, and top end seems to like revving a bit more. Now this is all very minimal could all just be a placebo effect but that’s how I feel. I wouldnt pay the price they ask for though very little gains if any. I’ve gotten two used on eBay for like 30-40 dollars.

R0N1N5I0W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 w/ G-TRAC
I’m running it on mine. The diameter is a little bigger than stock. Not much louder in the cabin with the sound tube. One thing I’ve always noticed with these sound tubes is they seem to give a bit better throttle response, maybe slightly more low end power, and top end seems to like revving a bit more. Now this is all very minimal could all just be a placebo effect but that’s how I feel. I wouldnt pay the price they ask for though very little gains if any. I’ve gotten two used on eBay for like 30-40 dollars.
You’re running it on an 18+? Pretty sure the Airaid Jr doesn’t have a port for a sound tube on the 3rd Gen Coyote.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning