Sponsored

Anyone try 18" CCW Wheels?

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I know there is lack of 18" wheels that fit over the PP Brembos. This lead to my endless nights of research and digging around, bugging various companies regarding fitment. I love the HRE FF15's but I'm just the type of guy that likes to have options and weigh in on them individually.

When I had my old EVO X I remember considering CCW wheels for them and decided to shoot them an email to see if they have 18" options for our car. I'm happy to report that their 18" Corsair series will fit! I have my eyes set on the CCW C15's. I did a rough photoshop of them on my car.

Sponsored

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Last week, I got curious as well. Knowing that my CCW C14's for my RX7 were the same bolt pattern and almost a perfect offset for the S550, but the center bore wasn't large enough to fit over the hub, I still wanted to see what kind of clearance they would have. Looks like the 18x10.5's will clear the brakes with plenty of room. I'm not sure how much clearance there will be on the shock side. Did they say how wide you could fit on the S550? Here are a couple of pictures:

I'm going to try my Fikse Profil 13's this weekend and see what kind of clearance they have.

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Last week, I got curious as well. Knowing that my CCW C14's for my RX7 were the same bolt pattern and almost a perfect offset for the S550, but the center bore wasn't large enough to fit over the hub, I still wanted to see what kind of clearance they would have. Looks like the 18x10.5's will clear the brakes with plenty of room. I'm not sure how much clearance there will be on the shock side. Did they say how wide you could fit on the S550? Here are a couple of pictures:
I told them I wanted to do a square set up and this was the response:

"10.5 at 7.375 backspace with 275-285 tires will work without mods"

I'm curious to know how the wheels will do with the brakes heating up. I know the clearance is good but the inner barrel is so close to the caliper that I wonder if it prevents proper cooling. I know just from a few sessions at Buttonwillow my brakes were smoking

Sponsored

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Sweet! That is what I was hoping. Sounds like you have been on the ball with nice parts lately! Mine are 7.5 backspacing(+44mm) so that makes sense. If only they were a little closer in size/specs and I would bore out the center and make mine mustang wheels. :)

I'm curious as well in regards to cooling. I'm honestly surprised no one has made a brake duct kit for our cars yet (maybe they have and I haven't seen it) . I looked around a little this weekend at front splitter solid mounting points this weekend. Didn't think to look at possible routing of brake ducts.

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Sweet! That is what I was hoping. Sounds like you have been on the ball with nice parts lately! Mine are 7.5 backspacing(+44mm) so that makes sense. If only they were a little closer in size/specs and I would bore out the center and make mine mustang wheels. :)

I'm curious as well in regards to cooling. I'm honestly surprised no one has made a brake duct kit for our cars yet (maybe they have and I haven't seen it) . I looked around a little this weekend at front splitter solid mounting points this weekend. Didn't think to look at possible routing of brake ducts.
I'm trying to convince APR performance to make them :cheers:

Sponsored

Bomicino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
My good friend was the manager/tuner there. I helped with a few odd jobs there. Your car ran a few ASPEC kits before going to the dark side.

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Small world. Is Sean your friend? I've had an FD of some sort since 2000 so I've been around over the years. A-Spce does some nice work! My yellow track car was on stock turbos and lived in Miama before. It also was not previously yellow or widebody with the previous owner. I think you may be thinking of a different car, maybe Guy Ladig's car back when it was still on the east coast.
Sponsored