Sponsored

Anyone have the cervinis 4" Cowl hood?

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
About 6 weeks.
Danger! That's what Zach told me. I just wasn't sure if he was over over quoting and would deliver sooner. I guess one can only hope.
Sponsored

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Heres the thing....Cervinis takes their time which means great quality. Especially when they paint it. They will not let it go if its suspect. I would rather wait a bit longer for perfection then have to have them pick it back up and make a new one. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
No prep work and fitment is fine, paint job was spot on. Took me 20 minutes to put mine on and that included adjusting.
I have 3 hoods now, the original, the ram-air and the 4" cowl. If I get tired of one I'll just swap it out with another.

I love the inside view of the cowl though, it's awesome.
Mind taking pics from the driver seat to see how far up the hood comes in line of view?

Crazy Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Race Red
Mind taking pics from the driver seat to see how far up the hood comes in line of view?

Not the best photo but it'll give you an idea.

c2938Rg.jpg

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Thanks for the info crazyhorse! Anyone else end up buying this hood and have input? About to pull the trigger on one myself...

Sponsored

OP
OP

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info crazyhorse! Anyone else end up buying this hood and have input? About to pull the trigger on one myself...

I did end up buying this hood and absolutely love it.

I had my body shop paint it and it did take a little bit of prep but nothing crazy.

I'll try and upload some pics

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
I did end up buying this hood and absolutely love it.

I had my body shop paint it and it did take a little bit of prep but nothing crazy.

I'll try and upload some pics
Thanks for the reply...glad to hear positive feedback from another happy customer!

Traavis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I just bought the cervinis 4" cowl hood. I am having it painted too. not excited about waiting the 4-6 weeks, but as long as I don't have to send it back for defects I'll be happy. glad to hear the good reports about Cervinis hoods. I'll post some pics once i get it installed.

Sponsored

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
My hood showed up yesterday which was just about 6 weeks on the dot. It was packaged well, fit well and paint was perfect aside from some orange peel. Only issue is there are quite a few scratches on the underside gelcoat finish, which I’m working on sorting out with cervinis now. Overall I’m super happy and it really gives the car a whole new look!! Here’s a few pics to contribute so anyone considering buying one can see...
EF08053D-EF9B-405F-80A9-2C57BAAD47E8.jpeg
D0AB5D74-91B4-4B8F-956D-D6BDCDD43125.jpeg
3017A0C2-52CB-405A-A62D-637E380A4BF7.jpeg

coyote50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My hood showed up yesterday which was just about 6 weeks on the dot. It was packaged well, fit well and paint was perfect aside from some orange peel. Only issue is there are quite a few scratches on the underside gelcoat finish, which I’m working on sorting out with cervinis now. Overall I’m super happy and it really gives the car a whole new look!! Here’s a few pics to contribute so anyone considering buying one can see...
Where'd you get your nGuage mount that looks nice. Hood looks killer by the way!

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Race Red No Options
Great looking hood. Also wondering what center mount you are using. I know I've seen it somewhere around here.

OP
OP

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Is it true they don’t recommend using hood struts??
I do not personally have hood struts, however I did speak with cervinis and they do offer a "specially valved" set of struts for this hood.

They did advise against using the same struts that you would use for the factory hood.
Sponsored