Sponsored

Anyone have an active valve exhaust just put muffler deletes?

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Has any member on here taken a mustang gt with active exhaust and just installed muffler deletes or another non active exhaust?
Sponsored

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
Surprised there's no replies yet. Are you considering straight pipes? Wouldn't that be pretty loud for street use? I went with a Borla Switchfire resonator delete and kept the stock active exhaust. Now normal mode is almost the same loudness as sport used to be but sounds better. X-pipe style resonator deletes sound really good to me as well.

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Surprised there's no replies yet. Are you considering straight pipes? Wouldn't that be pretty loud for street use? I went with a Borla Switchfire resonator delete and kept the stock active exhaust. Now normal mode is almost the same loudness as sport used to be but sounds better. X-pipe style resonator deletes sound really good to me as well.
I had no cars on my 2015 straight piped with muffler deletes. It was stupid loud but sounded good. Dont think I'm going to do thT with this car. Going to take the resonator off first and see if i like it. As of now, i actually like the active exhaust. Just wished it was a little louder

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
My*

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Wow stil tired. Lol. Had no cats on my 2015

Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
I went with a Borla Switchfire resonator delete and kept the stock active exhaust.
Same here. As the SwitchFire is breaking in the tone is becoming even lower. I'm also noticing I can actually feel/hear each cylinder fire more each day and a bit more burbles on downshifts. I was contemplating going with the Borla S type active axle back but the SwitchFire combined with the OE active exhaust is turning out to be very nice indeed.

IMHO installing straight pipes on S550 GT's just ruins/cheapens the quality of the exhaust sound.

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I had no cars on my 2015 straight piped with muffler deletes. It was stupid loud but sounded good. Dont think I'm going to do thT with this car. Going to take the resonator off first and see if i like it. As of now, i actually like the active exhaust. Just wished it was a little louder
I was happy with the difference when I deleted my resonator, but I always drive around in track or drag mode for the loudest effect. Quiet mode is still quiet and nice for those start ups at the butt crack of dawn.

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
I was happy with the difference when I deleted my resonator, but I always drive around in track or drag mode for the loudest effect. Quiet mode is still quiet and nice for those start ups at the butt crack of dawn.
Same here well track mode anyways. Gonna try drag. If i like the resonator delete i may not oven touch exhaust for a while

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Well from now on drag mode only. lol. Exhaust sounds better. Still can gain gas mileage when i want. And noticeable power difference

mustang347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT PP1 401a, A10, Lund tuned
i have the active exhaust and did the steeda Hpipe and its just about perfect still controllable but deeper for sure. I am worried now that when i do longtubes it may be too loud if thats a thing lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
i have the active exhaust and did the steeda Hpipe and its just about perfect still controllable but deeper for sure. I am worried now that when i do longtubes it may be too loud if thats a thing lol
Never too loud. I'm going to have a local muffler shop make me one. I mean heck. Just driving with drag mode makes the exhaust sound good. So I'm hoping the h pipe works

mustang347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT PP1 401a, A10, Lund tuned
i came back from lunch windows down and in track mode in this Texas heat just to hear the exhaust!! you will be happy you did the H pipe!

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
i came back from lunch windows down and in track mode in this Texas heat just to hear the exhaust!! you will be happy you did the H pipe!
It's been killer in Houston, but i do the same thing🤣

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Very happy with my active, and keeping it on. Just added an H pipe.

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Very happy with my active, and keeping it on. Just added an H pipe.
How has your note changed. Is it noticeably louder?
Sponsored