Sponsored

anyone else not like the Base Cloth GT seat? and seating position

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Don't know if they changed the base seats for 18, but I am 6'1", 230 lbs. and I love them. Fit me perfect.
Sponsored

ChristianDev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT MT
I like the seats in my base gt but I agree that they are way too high. When i'm driving I feel more on top of the car rather than down in it. Also maybe it's just because i'm 6'4

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
While I don't "absolutely love them", the 2015 base cloth seats are fine and functionally comfortable

OP
OP

mulage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, w/ Performance Pack
Oh man the number one thing I hate about my car is the lumbar bump. That deflated position should be the fully inflated position. Its like they screwed up or something. Otherwise I have no problem with the seat. I plan to open the seat by removing the cloth and see if I can manually pull that support back even more.

To the op: How far is your head from the roof? I have about 2 inches and judging by where the cluster guages point thats the "proper" seating height for this car. Its like a sedan where as the camaro gets a more sporty seating position where youre more reclined and lower to the floor.

i am 6'-3" and it's not so much about distance from my head to roof but the feeling of riding too high in the car, i want to be at least 1" lower in a more of a sports car driving position. and ford could have easily accomplished this, took the seat out and there is room to do this, even the double ply floorboard has about 1/2" of space between them

I did unhook the lumbar adjuster tonight and it's a cable the runs across the back and has a hook on each end of cable to seat frame, feels a little too soft now but will give it a few days, and may order the base seat back spring from the base v6 if this doesn't work out

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Mine are power seats and you can lower the seat. Do y'all have power seats? It goes plenty far down for me. I don't have it bottomed out.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I love these seats except the material. It gets dirty very easily and my white dogs short hair sticks into the fabric like needles.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
how are those seats in SS?
Comparing the base 1SS to base GT, the SS seats are a lot more comfortable imo.
I've never owned a premium GT so not going to compare to my 2SS seats.

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
Don't sit in a camaro, you'll love the low seating position. I'm still trying to forget the 1le i drove.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mulage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, w/ Performance Pack
Don't sit in a camaro, you'll love the low seating position. I'm still trying to forget the 1le i drove.

this upsets me, WTF ford?

if you raise the seat the highest point it's like a 4' tall person could drive this car, makes no damn sense!

thinking about buying a manual seat track from a V6 and cutting it up sit about 1-2" lower

should just buy some aftermarket seats but don't want to give up the airbag

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I'm only 5'10" and I, also, think the seating position at its lowest position is way too high. Makes me feel like I'm sitting on top of the car instead of in it.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
is it possible to lower these seats easily? how do you guys feel about the seats? wish i could grab a set from a gt350 recaros
The OE Recaros are really not any lower than the standard seats.
Plenty of room to lower them, but no one seems to have an off the shelf solution. Custom fab of new mounts or to modify the stock mounts likely won't be cheap.

Given the space is there, and the stock mounts already have height adjustments, I don't understand why they don't just build in some more adjustment range. Especially for a performance oriented car that people might take to the track, where adding a helmet will cost an instant 2+" of headroom.

P. S. Selling the car is sure to cost you more than $2k for aftermarket seats.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I sat in a base '18 Stang GT and the cloth seats seemed fine.

The leather seats in my Premium '16 GT feel more comfortable, but not to the detriment of the cloth seats.
Sponsored