OP

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
I don't know what the exhaust was but I heard a roush stage 2 supercharger yesterday.

I'm pretty content with my x pipe for now but damn if you're going to go big...

I couldn't believe how insanely loud that thing was. Admittedly part of me loved it but you're not speeding anywhere in that thing without people knowing.
Sponsored

Abb0nz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I like the idle sound but feel the sound when revving is a little too quiet. The local exhaust shop treated me pretty well on my '04 so I think I'll go ask him what he'll charge to replace the resonator with an H-Pipe.
And where is this sound pipe/tube situated? I didn't know the GTs had it. Is it worth removing? Any advantage to removing it?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I like the idle sound but feel the sound when revving is a little too quiet. The local exhaust shop treated me pretty well on my '04 so I think I'll go ask him what he'll charge to replace the resonator with an H-Pipe.
And where is this sound pipe/tube situated? I didn't know the GTs had it. Is it worth removing? Any advantage to removing it?
I would recommend removing it. Removing cleans up the sound quite a bit when you do any exhaust mod.

Abb0nz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Last edited:

MagGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
How about [MENTION=15228]MagGT[/MENTION] 's thoughts...
Haha well since you're asking.....

I, too, was one of the people who thought the stock exhaust was good. I mean it had to be. I was coming from a 4 banger base mitsubishi lancer so the mustang sounded like heaven compared to it. I would listen to it and rev it in quiet places and I thought it sounded good. Then I slowly started noticing I didnt really hear the exhaust but the engine noise. And I could even hear the Transmission over the stock exhaust! I tried listening to it in tunnels but it didn't sound like what i had in the honeymoon phase.

Then what pushed me over the moon was seeing these lifted trucks, 15 year old camaros and mustangs, and even sport sedans have a better exhaust than me! I tried to listen to my exhaust again now almost two years later and it was soft. So subbdued than what this baby could do. So I did some research, watched hundreds of videos and compared back to back and weighed the pros and cons.

The next bit i will just reiterate what I wrote in another part of this forum:

The sound..

Mother of god.....

I kind of deluded myself into thinking the stock exhaust was good enough. But the first cold start with these changed my mind completely. The sound was amazing. This is what the mustang should sound like. It was like night and day. I am in a new honeymoon phase again!

It is still louder and you can definitely hear it when down in the low rpms but not by much. ZERO drone and i was trying to find it. Then when you get on it... well the videos dont do it justice. Truly the best all around exhaust. Amazing sound when you want it, domesticated when you dont.

a serious 10/10. I would recommend to everyone.

and before people go and say its too loud, it is as loud as you want it to be. The volume control is your right foot. It can be kind of close to stock like on highways and around time if you want, and then a beast if you want it.

I've had it for almost a week, cold starts in the mornings and at the middle of the night. I live in a small residential area in new jersey and just today i went around to my immediate neighbors and asked if they heard my exhaust. None did, yes it was loud it on cold but if you live in a decent development, you will hear lawn mowers and leaf blowers more than the car. I have had zero issues as of yet with the neighbors.

Please ask any questions you want. I was like you guys but I have see the light.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
All that said, today was the first time I had driven or ridden in a stock GT for about a year and a half. My friend's 2016 does seem just a little louder than I remember it being, but overall it's a nice note inside. Cap that sound tube though, and it would be way quiet.

It needs just a bit more for stock. I could barely hear it when he was pulling away. The stock Camaro (non NPP) volume is perfect for this type of car.

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
the quieter the better for me. i spent a few $$$$ on the old s550 exhaust and hated every minute of the loud obnoxiuos sound, should have just supercharged. I like the speed but not the noise.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Stock:

H-Pipe with stock mufflers:
So i put my stock c/b on with the MAK cat deletes. It really sounds not bad. It's louder than truly stock but not by much. Going to rock this for awhile.

Maybe later on swap out the resonator for an H-pipe but I'm afraid it might be too raspy without the cats and stock mufflers.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
FYI;

The stock exhaust systems gets throatier and louder with time. It sounds really good after about 20K miles.

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
I swapped out the resonator for an x and left the rest alone. I agree that as the exhaust ages, it sounds better. Now, a little south of 13K miles car has a nice idle, and mid-power and freeway cruising is exceptional from both the sound and drone perspectives. At WOT, it growls up to a rasp at near full song. Not at that spot long or often so it's not an issue. I'm a big fan of the Borlas but I cannot justify the cost given the current set-up. Rather use the money on some other upgrade.

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I HATE all street cars/trucks with aftermarket exhaust on.
It's kinda like throwing a tantrum in front of a crowd for an attention. I think kids do the same.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I HATE all street cars/trucks with aftermarket exhaust on.
It's kinda like throwing a tantrum in front of a crowd for an attention. I think kids do the same.
Or perhaps we just like how it sounds and makes us feel? Judgmental much? :doh::shrug:

I'd never run a crazy loud, cat delete, muffler delete type of exhaust because not only would it be painful for me, but there's no other reason to do that other than you want to be heard. A well-engineered exhaust that is tuned for sound and not just volume isn't about look-at-me, though it can be used that way.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Or perhaps we just like how it sounds and makes us feel? Judgmental much? :doh::shrug:

I'd never run a crazy loud, cat delete, muffler delete type of exhaust because not only would it be painful for me, but there's no other reason to do that other than you want to be heard. A well-engineered exhaust that is tuned for sound and not just volume isn't about look-at-me, though it can be used that way.
Judgemental? I guess so... I am just expressing my personal opinion.
I love how folks with loud exhaust are continuously disappointed by us quiet ones. :lol:
I swear folks with loud exhaust had irreversible hearing damage from it and can't hear anything quieter.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Judgemental? I guess so... I am just expressing my personal opinion.
I love how folks with loud exhaust are continuously disappointed by us quiet ones. :lol:
I swear folks with loud exhaust had irreversible hearing damage from it and can't hear anything quieter.
Well, my understanding of what you said is that you think anyone with even moderate exhaust, let alone loud, is throwing a tantrum and seeking attention. I'd say that's judgmental.

I took out a resonator delete X-pipe that I had on my exhaust when I went with my current set of Corsa mufflers and replaced it with the resonator. It sounded incredible but was far too loud for me, let alone anyone in the next lane. It did hurt my ears, so 2 hrs later, it was off the car. It's not a requirement to have loud for sounding good. The stock exhaust actually doesn't sound bad at all, and I got to drive a friend's stock car this weekend. It just completely disappears with any speed and the associated wind/tire noise. All else you're hearing is the induction noise through the sound tube.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Unfortunately, too many times the way it comes across the internet is that if you don't want "loud", you're viewed as being somehow less of an enthusiast. Misunderstood for not wanting to fall in lock-step with some "convention" where louder = better and quieter is regarded as 'knuckling under' to non-enthusiast preferences.

I agree that cars should have some 'voice'. Not a whisper. But not a hear-me-from-half-a-mile-away shout either.

FWIW, about 1/3 of the reason I even got a cut/clamp X-pipe (to be installed later this spring) is so that my car does NOT sound like some lifted truck.

Norm
Sponsored