Sponsored

Anybody ever fall "out of love" with owning your Mustang?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I regret buying it. I'm not trying to be special but damn there's so many s550 that everybody and their mothers are driving one.
:confused: . . . Never could understand how what other people choose to buy - or not buy - could ever make any difference when it comes to your own choices. :shrug:

Nothing wrong with an STI, but I don't think I'd look there on the rebound from a less than satisfactory Mustang ownership experience.

Norm
Sponsored

TPFMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Not going to say I fell out of love with the Stang after a while, but I would say that I wasn't as excited as when I first picked it up. I put on a Corsa Sport cat back, stripes, changed the front grill and added wheels and tires and it like getting a new car and now I can't wait to climb in it and go for a ride. It feels like a sport car now

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I regret buying it. I'm not trying to be special but damn there's so many s550 that everybody and their mothers are driving one. Hopefully if everything goes as plan I will trade for a Subaru sti.
an sti in vegas is pretty useless
That!

I currently drive a 2014 STI hatchback. It makes a lot of sense for me, living in Upstate NY. Watching my 2016 GT w/PP sit all Winter long, sucked. And was a big reason I sold it to buy a Subaru. But I do miss my Mustang. In LV, there's absolutely no reason to go STI over S550.

theduke

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
'88 Saleen Conv, '11 Brembo GT, '17 Premium PP
I regret buying it. I'm not trying to be special but damn there's so many s550 that everybody and their mothers are driving one. Hopefully if everything goes as plan I will trade for a Subaru sti.
I dig the Sti. If I didn't drive Mustangs it would get some serious consideration, but I think you're missing the point of owning a Mustang and thats to MAKE it your own.
Yeah there are tons of em on the road but there is a huge aftermarket (arguably the largest) there so you can put your own stamp on it. I cringe half the time I see what folks have done to their cars but hey that's the whole idea. Blank canvas my friend!

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Lol, there are literally more subarus every where go. We have 7 buildings where I work and each of them has a subaru wrx parked in front and back.
I see more of those cars than mustangs. They are also slower too. See ya!

I fell out of love with my mustang because I drove it everyday. I envy you S550 guys, the solid axle rear on the s197 sucks ass.

Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I'm not in love with it anymore, but I still enjoy it. It's a nice car, with good power and handling. But I need to get back into a 4 door, so Charger Scat pack or golf R is in my 6 month plan.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
That!

I currently drive a 2014 STI hatchback. It makes a lot of sense for me, living in Upstate NY. Watching my 2016 GT w/PP sit all Winter long, sucked. And was a big reason I sold it to buy a Subaru. But I do miss my Mustang. In LV, there's absolutely no reason to go STI over S550.
i forgot, he mentioned he's in vegas, so that's why there are a ton of S550s there. they're all ecoboost rental cars.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
I'm not in love with it anymore, but I still enjoy it. It's a nice car, with good power and handling. But I need to get back into a 4 door, so Charger Scat pack or golf R is in my 6 month plan.
charger scat pack is the only other car i'd rather be in right now. or maybe a 6 speed challenger. im just afraid i'd get bored of the charger quickly due to the automatic.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
i forgot, he mentioned he's in vegas, so that's why there are a ton of S550s there. they're all ecoboost rental cars.
Same with Hawaii/Maui

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2018 GT in Kona Blue
I knew from your original post you were from Vancouver, because I am too. When I moved here I had a Porsche and a 335i coupe. Within 18 months I sold both and bought an I4 Q5. That's what this city does to you.

Honestly, I don't think you can have much fun in a car in this city. If you were both living and working in Abbotsford, Mission, or elsewhere in the boondocks then sure, but not in the city. My commute was Coquitlam to Yaletown, and that just sucked the joy out of driving. One hour each direction on city streets with lights, construction and busses- ugh.

I'm now moving to Texas and have a 2018 GT on order for when I get there. I would never have considered this car in Vancouver.

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I did. Recently traded it. Loving being back in a manual and the 15 gt that I owned was plagued with rattles and other misc issues. I'm sure the camaro will have it's own set of issues but I am very happy so far.

diegoaccord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Lancer Evolution X, 325i E46
I am over it mostly, because of the quality issues of the car, and it's my daily for the moment. Once I dont have to live with it everyday, and get some mods, I'll probably like owning it again. Same as the Evo I also have, hate the car, underwhelmed, but when I drive it next - after sitting a year, it's going to be a 700 AWHP and 9000 RPM...I''ll love it.

Shame the only things that appeal to me are the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger, all being American, Im sure they are all junk, although I do feel the Challenger has been out long enough that it shouldn't have issues....

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
I still like this car but my situation is different than it was when I bought it. I'm commuting 100 miles per day for probably the next two years, and a used Prius is looking pretty smart all of a sudden.

I do get 31+mpg out of the EB on the highway, but wear item costs plus winter plus insurance plus gas all have me kind of over the whole thing. It doesn't seem worth it right now.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
There is just SO many quality issues with these cars.
Misaligned body panels, rattles, buzzes, poor qulity plastics, but I easily look over that.

I fall out of love with it every time i hit 70+mph and the whole thing vibrates. I guess that wouldn't be a big deal either if dealers weren't so scummy. Warranty really dosn't mean much when the dealer can just deny the problem over and over.
Personally, this is my last ford. (ive owned 5) I had two mazdas before this (3's) and they were exceptional in quality and reliability. Really it is amazin. If you go to a mazda service center there is no lines, there is no crowd of people. Ford on the other hand there is an army of people there daily. I love mustangs always have. But they are passing down the poor quality and repair cost to the consumer. IDK whats next, ive had this car 3 months. Maybe camaro ss.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
While I love my 16 GT I miss my Grabber Blue 12 that I traded in. The hardest thing though is when I got to drive [MENTION=17459]altjx[/MENTION] old Roush inspired convertible. I want a convertible now lmao :D:lol:
Sponsored