Sponsored

Any precautions for cleaning the car with stripes?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Bought from bigworm graphix.

I noticed last time I was drying them, they had some spots (disappeared after several minutes or so). So before I wash them again, how should I be washing them?

Different type of soap? Spray detailer after the wash/dry? Will a microfiber mitt do any damage to the stripes? Any other care I should know about? Already know not to use most types of wax on it.

Below is what I use right now. First car, new to clearning, just watched youtube videos and do 2 bucket method with MF everything.

I asked the bigworm graphix sponsor and he said the spotting is usually from what's in the water and not the soap. Although I'm in vancouver, bc if that matters, water should be fairly clean. Also said to use a spray detailer (don't know what that is)

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
You could try chemical guys meticulous matte spray. It's what I use on my matte guitar to get smudges off. Assuming you have matte stripes.

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Thanks. Anyone else want to chime in?

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I have matte stripes and know about the spots you're talking about. I wash them regularly, as hey get dirty as hell. Ive had them for about 5 months, and washed daily for about 3 months, then every weekend after that. No issues since then.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Before I ordered, I discovered that matte stripes require more attention, such as masking them off during wax sessions.

I chose gloss stripes, because they obviously work with my color, but I was glad that the precautions were less than for matte.

BigWorm advises 1) not to wax and 2) not to polish or claybar their stripes. They claim the stripes already have the proper protection against the elements. Obviously the vinyl is softer than the paint clearcoat, and so you can't rub against them like with the rest of your paint.

I have a very faint scratch in one of my bumper stripes. BW told me that if I tried to gently polish it out, it would only make it worse. I am hoping that the summer sun will promote some self healing.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
I have gloss stripes, and use Meguirs car was soap and I don't get spots. I did a gentle hand wax on them before buffing the rest of the car. The shop that installed mine said wax was no problem.
image.jpg
Sponsored