Sponsored

Any one install the RTR grille version with no LED

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
looking for anything on this grille with out the LED version. Seems like no one opts for this or at least very few and I get why. To me it seems like a less showy more performance oriented option though. The LED version to me is too much of a risk. Seems like a lot of people have issues with the lights or one light stops working and then they’re screwed. That’s not worth it for me in regards to every time it breaks having to install or reinstall or just the hassle financially of having to buy a new light would bother me. But the grille version with out the LED that American muscle sells itself seems like a great grille and with the matching lower grille it looks complete. Wondering what the opinion was on it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
I have it without the lights installed. I'm not using the lower piece either, I kept that stock so the front didn't just look like one wide open mouth. I went without the lights because I wanted to keep my Coyote badge in the grill and was thinking that with the badge and the lights, it may just be too much going on, so I opt'd for no lights and I love it. Definitely gives it a more aggressive look than the stock grill and I also like the way it sits because I never see anyone else do it without the lights. Great part is, if I ever change my mind, I could just add the lights later.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have it without the lights installed. I'm not using the lower piece either, I kept that stock so the front didn't just look like one wide open mouth. I went without the lights because I wanted to keep my Coyote badge in the grill and was thinking that with the badge and the lights, it may just be too much going on, so I opt'd for no lights and I love it. Definitely gives it a more aggressive look than the stock grill and I also like the way it sits because I never see anyone else do it without the lights. Great part is, if I ever change my mind, I could just add the lights later.
I got it with no lights upper and lower grille delivered today. Install in a couple days. But in regards to the lower grille what do you mean “open mouth” it’s a matching grille. Not open. Looks complete in my opinion instead of having two different grille styles. I’m very anal about that I needed to get the lower to match. Plus I have the hood vents which have the same grille and the chin spoiler too. So it should look very nice.

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
I personally like the more closed style at the bottom. Not my car, but is an exact example of how it looks.

2015_2015_ford_mustang_gt_premium_5710132510333863274.jpg

"Open mouth" Style (both upper and lower installed):

maxresdefault.jpg

Either way I think you'll enjoy the new look! Feel free to post pictures once everything's complete!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally like the more closed style at the bottom. Not my car, but is an exact example of how it looks.

2015_2015_ford_mustang_gt_premium_5710132510333863274.jpg

"Open mouth" Style (both upper and lower installed):

maxresdefault.jpg

Either way I think you'll enjoy the new look! Feel free to post pictures once everything's complete!
Nice. I have an 18. It only has one option though. On another note I just drilled the holes in the grille and installed the inserts. But one funny thing I noticed is with the speed clips and the spacers holding the insert into the grille there are 3 holes. One hole no matter what I do on each side still has a little turn to it where as the others fastened to stop. The screw seems secure but theres no stop to it if I continue to turn with the screwdriver. Did any one else notice this issue. Not really an issue just wanna make sure it’s stable at high speeds and vibrations.

Last edited:

galvin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Just finished install, I heard all kinds of stories of the lights failing so I went without. The grill fits great, mounts oem
2C2A5C48-C615-4577-A434-2585BFFB5F99.jpeg

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just finished install, I heard all kinds of stories of the lights failing so I went without. The grill fits great, mounts oem
2C2A5C48-C615-4577-A434-2585BFFB5F99.jpeg
I’ll be honest there’s play in my insert. It’s not the best quality in my opinion. Having a little second thought about installing it. I need to bring it some where tomorrow to see if they can make the insert stronger. One insert is tight one is loose no matter what. The insert hole looks a little stretched. If nothing can be done I’m exchanging the inserts. But I’m definitely unimpressed with the quality as of now. It’s bad that they made the 2018 grille use mandatory inserts. It should just be open like the 15-17 style and if you want the lights drill.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m personally happy with the look. Pretty much the whole RTR front. Hood Vents, upper and lower grilles with the front chin spoiler. Looks mean. Now just waiting on my SVE wheels and pretty much I’ll be super happy.
E31D3B67-DDE9-47A7-967B-FF4942CD2FA9.jpeg

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What inserts can you install on the RTR grill for 15-17 mustangs? I cant seem to find them anywhere 😄