Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
  • Banned
I've been asked to move to Cinci for a big promotion. I've all but accepted it.

I'd be looking to get a condo downtown. How are you enjoying the city?

Thanks!
Sponsored

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't live in Cinci, I'm actually about 30 miles north just outside of Dayton, but the wife and I love Cinci. We go to Reds games, Bengal games, the zoo, the aquarium, restaurants, shopping, hanging out on the river, there's a lot to do in Cinci. The condos downtown aren't going to be cheap but dude, the views and accessibility to everything downtown would be so worth it. We would move to the Nati if it made sense with our jobs but we do love spending time there. We're minutes from Dayton and NEVER go to Dayton.

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Its all not bad. You may even want to consider the Kentucky Side. My company just setup a co-worker there for the next 6 months. This is at the new condo complex by the Aquarium and the Yellow bridge. Wish I knew the name to help ya out.

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
I live and work in the Cincy burbs. I wish I could live in the city. My wife, daughter and I are downtown very regularly. It's a city that has a lot to offer, for sure. The cost to live downtown is fairly pricey, but you can find something that'll work, for sure. I've moved around a lot in my life (9 different states) and there is something here that is difficult to put into words. Every place has it's pros and cons, but I feel like there are more positives than negatives here. The old German heritage comes through in a lot of aspects around the city. Very cool. Tons of great eats from high dollar steakhouses to one-off, hole-in-the-wall joints. Do every little festival you can find in the summer and fall. Find a good beer drinking woman and call it a day. Well that's the path my life took me at least.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

Thanks!
Hardly ever there - live in West Chester but downtown is pretty sweet as long as you're in decent area.

Sponsored

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Been around here since 1999. Moved from north of Dayton. Never looked back. Like others, I do not live downtown. I live in the Mason area - north and sightly west of Cincinnati metro. Good luck with your move and congratulations on your promotion!

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
Same situation here. We came from the Detroit area last summer. My wife got a promotion so we moved down to the Cinci area. Her office is right downtown Cinci across from the ball park. We however chose to move to the Kentucky side. The cost of living is lower and love the hills and windy roads. We are in a more rural area yet only 15 minutes from Downtown.

I love Detroit and will always be a Detroit fan, especially when it comes to the Red Wings, but I have to say that downtown Cincinnati blows the D outta the water. So much more to do and so much more pedestrian friendly. The thing that bugs me though is the amount of beggars. They are all over. Much worse than Detroit.

As someone else said, don't overlook the other side of the Ohio river. Newport, KY is up and coming. We want to move over there someday and get a fixer-upper row home after we get tired of this one. It may be a while though as the home we have now is gorgeous.

FYI, Ohio requires a front license plate.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks!
Please say not for P&G...
Sponsored